Calorie Cycling - Opinions? Loss/gain with it? Help I'm plat

Options
2»

Replies

• hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been plateauing for 3 VERY LONG months, so I'm looking forward to seeing opinions on this....

i have pretty much been stuck too except since november basically! be interesting to see responses
  • striperhunter
    Options
    I haven't plateau yet but know it's going to come on later from past experiences. I had lost 12 lbs in 3wks eating 1300 calories a day, cardio in the morning and very light weights and more cardio at night. Then on my 4th week when I found out that I had past my fitness test, I didn't exercise, ate whatever I wanted and thought I had gain back some weight, according to my scale when I weighted myself. Then on this week (my 5th) I started getting back on track to doing cardio only once a day and weight training. I weighed myself this morning and was at 181.6. So when you plateau, definetly switch it up as soon as possible, that way your body gets confused and has to readjust. Whether it be your eating habits or your exercises.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I got stuck for 4 months from October through January, at the time I was eating back my exercise calories and getting a total of 1600 per day. I decided to cycle my calories and drop them. I now eat 1100 two days and then 1600 the 3rd day. Once a week, I have a free day where I eat whatever, usually it ends up around 1800 or so. When I started doing this, I have lost every week again since beginning of February! And I feel great, and my Body Media has not shown a decline in my metabolism either. I also am doing Jillian's Body Revolution every day, I was doing Jillian workouts every day during the plateau though, too.

I don't know exactly what to tell you, but I can at least share my experience. I tried eating more calories to break the plateau, but it did not work for me. Every person is such an individual, I would just encourage you to play around with different things until you find something that works well for you!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I got stuck for 4 months from October through January, at the time I was eating back my exercise calories and getting a total of 1600 per day. I decided to cycle my calories and drop them. I now eat 1100 two days and then 1600 the 3rd day. Once a week, I have a free day where I eat whatever, usually it ends up around 1800 or so. When I started doing this, I have lost every week again since beginning of February! And I feel great, and my Body Media has not shown a decline in my metabolism either. I also am doing Jillian's Body Revolution every day, I was doing Jillian workouts every day during the plateau though, too.

I don't know exactly what to tell you, but I can at least share my experience. I tried eating more calories to break the plateau, but it did not work for me. Every person is such an individual, I would just encourage you to play around with different things until you find something that works well for you!

ANd how many calories you eat the other days?? You said 2 days 1100 - in a row im assuming then 1600 the 3rd day. What about the other days?
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I tried this as well for 4 weeks and didnt lose a pound. I actually gained 2-4 depending on the day. I went back to the calories that MFP suggested and I have started losing again. I agree that you have to play around with what works for your body because not everyone will see the same results. Good luck!
  • pafoofnic
    Options
    Call me silly... but I clicked on your post because I thought calorie cycling may have to do with bicycling. After all, Lance Armstrong and those guys burn about 5000 calories a day bicycling. Maybe if I work on it I can but a few hundred, eh?
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump

need to change my plan as been stuck for no joke, since about october! so...

bump
    bump
    bump
    bump!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Like pafoofnic I though this had to do with biking so I clicked on it.

I do find when my weight loss stalls shaking things up a bit can help. Go way over or way under for one day in the week. Really over exercise for a day or tow or just take a week off. The change seems to resent something and get the weight loss bakc in gear.

But when you are down to those last few pounds it seems very hard to convince my body to let go of them.
  • fiercelittlebird
    fiercelittlebird Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump!