What is the deal with pork?

Options
2»

Replies

• DavesKitten
    Options
    Don't avoid pork, avoid people who comment about your meals!

AMEN!!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I enjoy all kinds of meat. I have pork once a week or once every two weeks. I enjoy the taste and it's just meat. I tend to get cut off the fat, can't stand chewing on jelly lol.

I've just done a few searches for pork chop and the sodium levels aren't exactly high O.o
    I'm on Tesco right now and 100g of pork only has 100mg of sodium, which isn't really that bad. I guess it depends on where you get the pork chop from I guess. It's also only got like 10g of fat and you can easily cut that fat off because you can blatantly see the fat hanging around the edges of the meat. You can easily halve the amount of fat on a pork chop by trimming the fat off.

I don't know what people are going on about with the sodium in pork chops though... Just enjoy your pork, it's high in protein and it tastes great.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    There is always someone out there ready to comment .. everyone seems to be an expert these days... so annoying...

Everyone here has given you good advice.. True, true...
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I take pork over beef and chicken anytime......
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    You should eat what you feel is healthy and that you enjoy. Personally, I have to avoid pork for religious reasons, but I'm not about to get in someone else's face for eating it, you know?
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Ditto!!
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    A friend of mine doesn't eat pork. Once her mother went on a rant about it and started yelling at me about it, saying that it was disgusting and it made people "fat, lazy, stupid, and mesmerized"....Oddly enough her daughter (my friend) doesn't work nor want to work, sleeps all day, and along with her mother weigh 40+ more than I do.

Did she think Pork was a "street" name for hash! lol
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've actually just added it to my diet because I'm tired of chicken and turkey. It all depends on how it's cooked, the pork loins I've been scrafing down are really lean and high in protein.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The person made me feel guilty, like I had indulged in a huge fatty steak or a giant dessert or something. I panicked for a moment because I have worked so hard. Feeling much better now! :happy:

Ugh. The part about how the person made you feel guilty is EXACTLY the reason my diary is private. As long as you enjoyed it and it worked into your daily macros you're good! Don't feel guilty!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Get some Pork on your Fork!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    IMO its a poor meat. Low protein values and very high fat against other meats. Maybe as the odd one off but consistently and wanting to hit a good shape? Not at all.

I personally don't get it, people want to get in shape then mock people who actually want to have the best meats for their needs in their diets.

Strange mentality.
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The person made me feel guilty, like I had indulged in a huge fatty steak or a giant dessert or something. I panicked for a moment because I have worked so hard. Feeling much better now! :happy:
    Grain of salt. Being a bit over on sodium is only an issue if you need to reduce sodium in your diet. Drink an extra glass of water and boom, it will flush out.

Relax, eat a balanced meal, lock your food diary and enjoy the freedom to eat tasty foods.
  • ksalmon1998
    Options
    I have read that pork is higher in protein than some other meats....that's suppoe to be a good thing. I eat & love pork. In fact I'm fixing pork ribs tonight & looking forward to it. Everything in moderation
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    :laugh:
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Hate judgemental people!!

YEP!! (what they both said)
  • DameVenus
    DameVenus Posts: 70
    Options
    A friend of mine doesn't eat pork. Once her mother went on a rant about it and started yelling at me about it, saying that it was disgusting and it made people "fat, lazy, stupid, and mesmerized"....Oddly enough her daughter (my friend) doesn't work nor want to work, sleeps all day, and along with her mother weigh 40+ more than I do.

Did she think Pork was a "street" name for hash! lol

Lawl, I don't think so but ya never know.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless I ask someone to look at my diary people that do so on their own and comment about it are creeps! and nosey! and annoying....(breathe) Thank You for listening