sprouted bread?

Options
So I live on a VERY limited budget. And cant afford a lot of expensive foods. But I have been hearing so much about this sprouted bread. And since I havnt seen it at my local grocery store I am thinking it is probably expensive. But I have a bread maker and even know how to make bread from hand. Does anyone have any experience with making their own sprouted bread? Also, what exactly is it and how do you make it?

Replies

• cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A loaf of sprouted bread at Trader Joe's (their brand) is under $4, I think. Ezekiel brand is widely available and is under $5, I think. Buying/sprouting/grinding your own flour might be pretty labor intensive.

The difference is that it has fewer carbs and more protein (think of sprouts versus plain old bread), and it has a nuttier taste. It's also friendlier to those who are sensitive to gluten.

I've never made it, but I absolutely LIVE by Ezekiel bread. Their cinnamon raisin is phe-nom <3
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    yea 4-5 dollars for a loaf of bread is out of my price range. Even 3 dollars for a loaf of natures own 100 percent whole wheat really pushes it for me but that is what I eat when I can afford it otherwise I dont eat bread. so making my own really seems worth it. I found some info online