skinny margarita

Options
mommyskis
mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
Just got this recipe at a bridal shower and it's awesome.

1 liter ginger ale
1 tub crystal lite (I used raspberry)
8 oz. tequila

Stir it together in an ice cream bucket and freeze. It just freezes slushy because of the alcohol. The girl who gave out the recipe said it should make 8 servings at 100 calories each. They are delicious! I read somewhere that the average restaraunt margarita is 500-600 calories, so this is a much better deal.:drinker:

Replies

• Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My skinny margarita

less margarita mix
    more tequila

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I may have to try yours, I think I will use sprite zero instead!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make one right now..only have diet gingerale think it'll work with that?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make one right now..only have diet gingerale think it'll work with that?

I think it'll be even "healthier"!!! (atleast less calories)

I have mine now, I just put in patron and sprite zero, and squeezed in some lime juice, it's FABULOUS!! :love: :drinker: :love:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Just got this recipe at a bridal shower and it's awesome.

1 liter ginger ale
    1 tub crystal lite (I used raspberry)
    8 oz. tequila

Stir it together in an ice cream bucket and freeze. It just freezes slushy because of the alcohol. The girl who gave out the recipe said it should make 8 servings at 100 calories each. They are delicious! I read somewhere that the average restaraunt margarita is 500-600 calories, so this is a much better deal.:drinker:

Thanks for the recipe! So how many calories do you think are in a Long Island? I love those. LOL, just kidding...I'm sure there are a ton!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

I think it'll be even "healthier"!!! (atleast less calories)

I have mine now, I just put in patron and sprite zero, and squeezed in some lime juice, it's FABULOUS!! :love: :drinker: :love:

ok, made it with the diet ginger ale, and just finished..ummm....2 of them..:laugh: this was delicious
  • mel_istheshit
    mel_istheshit Posts: 102
    Options
    Yum! Def going to make this soon. Thanks for the recipe! :drinker:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oh why did I not see this recipe before I made margarita's last night and consumed two of them. Sigh.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm definately going to try it with sprite zero, I'm really into margaritas lately.:tongue:
  • ChaChaMommy
    ChaChaMommy Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks!.....Living in Baja we've enjoyed many margaritas and I've been missing them since we've been dieting!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am just going to make my 2nd bucket full of margaritas! Has anyone tried diet ginger ale? How does it taste? That would make the margaritas like no calories.
  • christay
    Options
    that sounds good. Thanks for sharin that recipe. Cant wait to try it.:smile:
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My "margarita"

1-2 oz tequila
    real lime ( the lime juice in a bottle)
    1 packet of splenda
    splash or lime flavored club soda

I like my glass rimmed with salt, and it gives me more of the "illusion" that I am drinking a real margarita!