A question about fat

Options
staclo
staclo Posts: 511 Member
For the past few days, I keep going over on my stinking fat intake!! It's driving me nuts. Is it totally bad to go over in them? I have an allotment of 41 grams, which is 30% of my caloric intake. If I'm eating healthy fats, is it ever ok to be over, or should I make sure I stay under my allowance no matter what? I'm over today by 13 g, which is around how many grams I've been over, give or take a few. Thoughts?

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The real issue is to not go over on cals. If you go over on fats, a little bit, well, then you can see where you might cut some fat out of your diet, but if you go over on cals AND fat, then you definitely need to cut some things out.
  • Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Options
    I think that as long as you're seeing positive results in your weight loss or decrease in inches then it doesn't really matter if you go over. I like to think of MFP's calorie rationing as more of a guideline to keep me on track. Keep up the good work!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Fat helps to keep you full and satisfied...........plus, the only fats that are bad for you are trans fats.

As long as your not eating margarine by the stick or crisco, all should be good.
  • msdawn15
    msdawn15 Posts: 26
    Options
    Fats don't' make you fat> It's true, it's your caloric intake that will keep you from losing weight. So be sure your fats are healthy fats, olive oil, avacado, nuts, etc.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Fats don't' make you fat> It's true, it's your caloric intake that will keep you from losing weight. So be sure your fats are healthy fats, olive oil, avacado, nuts, etc.

Very, very true...........

I have a eating plan that is very high in fat.............

My ratios are
    60% fat
    30% protein
    10% carbs

As long as I steer free of processed foods of any kind, I lose just fine..................
    I would eat raw meat if it didn't scare me!!!
  • staclo
    Options

For the most part, they are healthy fats. In fact, I've had all three of your examples listed today in some way or another. That's what I was wondering; thanks!
  • staclo
    Options

Very, very true...........

I have a eating plan that is very high in fat.............

My ratios are
    60% fat
    30% protein
    10% carbs

As long as I steer free of processed foods of any kind, I lose just fine..................
    I would eat raw meat if it didn't scare me!!!

Yeah, that is pretty high in fat, and low in carbs (obviously, since you are doing Atkins). I'm usually under my carb allowance. It's good to know that my fat intake isn't going to make or break my weight-loss efforts...as long as they are good fats and I'm under my calorie allowance.