Stretch Marks -- question!!

Options

Replies

• hellokity040411
    hellokity040411 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dont have any before, i dont think,lol but i used it right after my pregnancy and it got rid of them, might be why it helped bc i didnt wait to use it, but worked amazing , also used it for circles under my eyes, worked for that too
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I call BS. Red, white, it doesn't matter. A scar is a scar is a scar. If you put lotion on red ones it *might* help smooth them out a little, but once your skin is torn there will be a scar though. How bad they get all depends on genetics.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Also eating plenty of fruit and vegetables and drinking plenty of water should help (around 8 glasses of water a day are recommended)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    the only thing i found to get rid of my stretch marks is time and sun. mine were really deep red after child birth. i had them on my breasts, but after having a breast augmentation, the skin stretched too accommodate the implant and those marks pretty much disappeared. the ones on my stomach went away after a couple years and are only visible if i dont tan for a few weeks. even when visible they arent too bad as they turned silver.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've learned to embrace my stretchmarks as a badge of honor :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are stretch marks. The article was correct that the red/purple ones are the newest, and they do usually fade to a white color given time (the same way that scars usually fade in color, because that is what stretch marks are). But regardless of the age of your stretch marks, there is little that can be done for them. There are some laser techniques I have heard of, but I have no idea how well they work.
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    Even though mine weren't huge, I was able to get rid of my stretch marks through weight lifting. And as a 20 year old, you should have NO problem getting rid of any.

How exactly does weight lifting remove scaring from your dermis?
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks from my pregnancies. Try Bio Oil, won't get rid of but will definitely help fade the marks.
  • hellokity040411
    Options
    bs on me?
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Even though mine weren't huge, I was able to get rid of my stretch marks through weight lifting. And as a 20 year old, you should have NO problem getting rid of any.

maybe tightening the skin made them less noticeable?? other than that i cant see what effect lifting would have on your skin?
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    Loosing the belly fat helps a lot (because I had loose skin too after 6 kids) But, as they fade to white, my tan helps them to blend in more.

Losing belly fat will only give you MORE extra skin, since you no longer have fat to fill it up. I'm not saying you shouldn't lose fat, just making the point that doing so will cause more extra skin, not get rid of it. If the appearance of extra skin diminished with weight loss this was either because extra skin and fat are easily mistaken for one another, or because as time passes, many people's extra skin becomes less noticeable.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Weight Lifting also cures herpes.

??

Anyhow, Stretch Marks don't "disappear" unless you're having some sort of cosmetic surgery type of procedure.... They may fade, but they're scars on your skin, not "marks" or "pigmentation" that can be cured by some miracle cream.

Vitamin E, Oils, Lotions - anything like that will help new scars of any kind heal nicer... but that's about the extent of it.
  • Bentley2718
    Options

maybe tightening the skin made them less noticeable?? other than that i cant see what effect lifting would have on your skin?

Weight lifting can actually lead to stretch marks, when muscles grow very quickly in combination with other factors.

Also, depending on how much weight you've lost, weight lifting is of limited utility tightening skin. I'd probably have to take steroid to ever have arms or thighs as big as the ones I had when I was morbidly obese (I've lost about 80 pounds). And I doubt even with steroids I'd ever fill in all my hip and stomach skin with muscle.
  • hellokity040411
    Options
    I have 0 stretch marks anymore, so those who think its impossible, its not
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Send me some Bio-Oil and I pledge to rub it into my stretch-marked *kitten* twice/day and photograph the results as I go for all to see as they disappear. Scouts honor.
  • hellokity040411
    Options
    things work diff for diff people, i will try to find a pic of me while pregnant, and ill take one now
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have a crap load of stretch marks but nothing has really worked to get rid of them. I use cocoa butter and shea butter but they really only seem to help firm and moisturize the skin. As I dropped weight more showed up... I consider them my earned stripes.

And yes, I will wear a bikini for the first time in 12 years this summer and stretch marks or not.
  • oharabears
    Options
    I earned mine, so I'm keepin' 'em! LOL! The 3 awesome people I grew in exchange were well worth it! The 8 inch scar down the middle of my abdomen and the 4 inch one to the left of it from emergency surgery and resulting 7 months with a colostomy...well, THOSE I could live without! ; ) But, keeping it all in perspective--I'm healthy now and didn't die...so there's that...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that you cannot get rid of stretchmarks but you can decrease their presence by decreasing your overall size. Mine are now all white and not terribly noticable.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Send me some Bio-Oil and I pledge to rub it into my stretch-marked *kitten* twice/day and photograph the results as I go for all to see as they disappear. Scouts honor.

Only if the pictures are nudes