Don't eat the eggs!

Options
Tisha247
Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
Every single Easter in memory I buy and hide away easter eggs to distribute to my family. I tell myself I won't touch them but guaranteed I bust them open and gobble the lot. I end up having to replace them if not once but many times. I really like easter eggs, especially the marshmallow ones...

This has gotten out of hand and this year that WON"T happen.
I am a grown woman!
I do have the control.
There will be no guilt as when I do eat the chocolate it will be on Easter Sunday along with everyone else.
It's just chocolate.

This thread isn't about NOT eating chocolate but self control, I will enjoy Easter but without being ridiculous.

This is my solemn vow!

Replies

• weathergirl320
    Options
    a moment on the lips, forever on the hips ;-)
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    I cant help it , ! i am already eyeing one of thos huge chocolate eggs!!!

i am working out harder than ever but i will be having some easter eggs, i love it

it's a weakness, i know
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's not a weakness, it is enjoying life. If you spend every minute and worry about weighing and checking what you eat, life gets old pretty fast. You needs to be confident in yourself so that you can have the odd treat, which is what it is and not a weakness, and know that on the whole you are getting fit and healthy.
    So have some eggs, in moderation, and go for an extra walk up a hill, or a ride, or chase the kids for an hour. But enjoy life and remember to make sure that the journey is not making the destination look impossible or not worth the effort to get to.

Cheers
    M
  • skichick1968
    Options
    I want to know why there are chocolate ads running at the top of a site for people trying to lose weight!! LOL!
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    so im 24 years old...and married...and my mom still puts out an easter basket for me and my sister and my husband and my sisters live-in boyfriend haha. this woman still makes us come down the stairs and take pictures in our matching chritstmas pajamas. hahaaha but i love her! i think this will stop when me or my sister have kids but for now, she gets a kick out of it. anyways, usually for easter, she puts a bathing suit in our baskets. and candy and the usual easter staples. so the past 3 or 4 years i have been getting one-pieces....because i put on a ton of weight. somewhere in the realm of 50 lbs. but this year, i have lost 35 so far! so i told her to put a two-piece bikini INSTEAD of candy! that is all the motivation i need to stay away from the candy! even if she puts it in the basket (which i doubt she will) i wont even be tempted to eat it because seeing that two-piece after having weight issues for so long will be so worth it! and i know its silly but every little bit of motivation helps! good luck!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had an Easter Egg lol. I enjoy chocolate, but too much makes me feel a little sick.

I don't eat chocolate very often anyway, so lucky me >.<
    Don't think I will be getting an Easter Egg this year though.
  • natsladybug
    Options
    I have a weakness for the Marshmellow Peeps. So far I only bought one package and made them last. Not buying anymore until I do the Easter baskets and then not many. My nephews don't really care that much for them so one package spilt 3 ways shouldn't be to bad.
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly how you feel. I am waiting until Saturday evening to buy my kiddos Easter basket supplies.....otherwise I will eat and have to rebuy. We are all here for same reason.....some of us just have less control. We live and learn. I plan on eating a few pieces of candy (Reeses.....oh they are my weakness) but then I will be done. I figure anymore that that and I will feel sick after eating so well the past few weeks.
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    Instead of buying a big egg, buy a small one. What's the point of living if you're obsessed about what you eat all the time and if you'll gain anything. You're allowed to eat anything within moderation and you should let yourself. There is no reason anyone should stop themselves from having a treat. Having a snack/fun size bar of chocolate every few days is different from eating king size bars all day every day. I let myself have an easter egg, it's but once a year.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Pfft did you read what I wrote? I'm a mother I buy eggs for my family. I don't mean to be rude, but honestly re-read what I wrote.
    Instead of buying a big egg, buy a small one. What's the point of living if you're obsessed about what you eat all the time and if you'll gain anything. You're allowed to eat anything within moderation and you should let yourself. There is no reason anyone should stop themselves from having a treat. Having a snack/fun size bar of chocolate every few days is different from eating king size bars all day every day. I let myself have an easter egg, it's but once a year.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    There are no kids in my family right now so no easter egg hunts, but I really love Cadbury cream eggs. Maybe I'll buy just one as my treat this sunday...it's so hard because if I say no, then I have to wait another year to get any!