What do you think of this?

Options
My husband and I are going to Vegas for the first time. It's my graduation gift. I finally finished college at 44 years old. :bigsmile: I haven't focused on myself in a long time so I'm just starting back with healthy eating and exercise again. Anyway, I decided to buy a sexy dress...well for me anyway. It's not very revealing, but it shows more skin (arms and some back) than I'm used to. I put it on and showed my husband expecting a good reaction. I got "it's a nice dress" and "It's just not something you would usually wear". Well, HELLO of course not. My feelings are really hurt and I'm just feeling so down because I let myself go and somewhere I lost "it". I've never been the girl anyone ever said was beautiful, but I always had the "cute" thing going for me. I just feel old, fat, and ugly.

Replies

• Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Options
    Hold on...hold on...wait just a minute here. You are being WAY too hard on yourself girl! First of all, men never know the right thing to say in situations like that. They panic like a deer caught in the headlights at the very mention of....."how does this make me look?" At least mine does anyways. It sounds like he loves you a whole lot to take you on a celebatory trip to Vegas for your major accomplishment. Congrats on the degree! You're gonna tear that town up in your new dress!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Well, you're not!
    :noway:
    Your photo looks great! Wear the dress, go out & have a great time anyway. Enjoy your celebration.
    :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations!
    :heart:
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hey, don't worry men are not what you would call the most expressive sort of person. From my point of view i think that he thought you were beautiful but was thinking about all the other men that would look at you in vegas. Perhaps he has some insecurities about your new look and feels a little outshined by you. :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    UGGHH please don't ley his reaction get to you. Men are soooo clueless !!!!! I tell my 10 year old dd all the time that boys and men are so very diferant than us females. Think a drooling ape. lol, no realy men just do not have the same thought process we have. Keep your chin up and be proud of yourself ! Cindy :heart:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I think your husband is now probably suffering from foot-in-mouth disease :laugh: