Not Losing ANYTHING Except My Mind....

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    mfp says my BMR is 1487...All these numbers confuse me. I also have a fitbit and that says I burn more calories than mfp does so most days I don't even enter my workouts into mfp because I don't think the calorie burn total is right.

Your potential estimated healthy BMR could be 1487. If you constantly NET less than that, it can't be after a time.
    You are so close though, may not have happened yet.
    But, if you are more muscular than avg, yours could be higher too!

So the FitBit estimates BMR also, and uses that as foundation for daily calorie burn, and it is going to be MUCH more accurate then MFP, where you selected an activity level, right or wrong, and it took BMR times a multiplier.

Your best bet, is get a couple weeks of good normal activity of stats on FitBit, see what the TDEE is estimated to be, even though it is underestimated, and then take off 500, if that still leaves you above your BMR by about 300-500.
    Whatever that number is, use that as your manually set goal on MFP to eat to every day, then no need to eat back exercise, because that was already in your TDEE estimate. If you've worn it during exercise anyway.

Because that's really what you are trying to do, create a deficit from normal non-exercise daily activities, but you want to feed your BMR, and you want to feed your exercise.
    Feed the BMR so your metabolism stays high and it can take care of basic functions of the body.
    Feed the workouts so your body can improve for the hard work you are giving it.

Even better if you want to try to do the fat2fit.com site method.
    Same stats on TDEE from FitBit for standard week normal routine including exercise.
    TDEE / 1487 = your specific activity multiplier.

go to MFP - Tools - BMR calc and find BMR for goal weight.
    GW BMR * your activity multiplier = your daily eating goal - which include exercise. Don't log any exercise calories, or log the workouts and just use 1 cal. Don't subtract anything from this number.

How's that for personalization? Just eat to that 1 number. If you see your weekly routine changing in a major way and FitBit TDEE changes in major way then for the week, redo that calc.