woo hoo, finally

Options
Well, after months of failure nad re starting and repeating the same ol, same ol, I have finally decided to take a few of my mfp friends advise and get my booty in gear nad start my Atkins. I know, it ain't for all, but I have always heard, if it ain't broke don't fix it and for me, I have to have determination, structure and dicipline.

Day 3 of 14 is great so far.

I have been so slacked in my eating, exercise, food choices and failures....

Just can't do it anymore.

Good luck to all. Can't wait to check in, in 12 more days!

Replies

• LiMer
    LiMer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What is the Atkins diet? How are you doing it?
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I hear that it takes a tremendous amount of discipline but that you get serious results!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I can't hear this without chiming in. You will see results with this, yes. But you will also force your body out of balance, you will deprive your muscles of glycogen and your brain of its favourite kind of energy. If you want discipline and detail and a way to eat that will absolutely 100% allow you to lose weight, keep your muscle, and never have a plan that you "go on" or "go off", PLEASE RUN, don't walk, to your nearest book store or library and get the expanded edition of Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet Book. It will be the best thing you've ever done. And there are specific meal plans AND shopping lists if you want to use them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. :flowerforyou:
  • nala
    nala Posts: 5
    Options
    I am not a fan of the Atkins diet either. I am glad it is working for you but I would be careful. I have started drinking "skinny water" and have had some weight loss with just a few days of usage. It has certainly curbed my appetite. I also started taking "Alli" capsules. They seem to be working as well - probably b/c I have improved my diet.
  • Pangus
    Pangus Posts: 24
    Options
    Somebody out there please, cut her some slack! Some of us are on Atkins (or a similar diet) and being watched by our physicians . . . All is not the same for each individual. Body types differ and so do diets.!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Somebody out there please, cut her some slack! Some of us are on Atkins (or a similar diet) and being watched by our physicians . . . All is not the same for each individual. Body types differ and so do diets.!

Thank You..........

I posted my blood work on here after doing Atkins from December to the end of April.............

My cholesterol, triglycerides and A1C are all in better shape, can't wait to see what my numbers will be in July!!!

Atkins is eating very clean and natural.........

I will take a green salad with ranch dressing, rib-eye steak and steamed brocolli with melted butter and cheese on top any day over a Fiber One bar............

I will contest anyone that says Atkins is unhealthy.....................I eat more naturally and organically than most members of this site.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I am not a fan of the Atkins diet either. I am glad it is working for you but I would be careful. I have started drinking "skinny water" and have had some weight loss with just a few days of usage. It has certainly curbed my appetite. I also started taking "Alli" capsules. They seem to be working as well - probably b/c I have improved my diet.

Atkins is unhealthy, but drinking "skinny water" and taking Alli pills is healthy????

Please give me a break.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Come over and join us in the carb conscious peeps forum in the motivation and support section......

We are all doing some type of low carb plan and most of us are pre-diabetic or full blown diabetic.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Not bashing clean foods at all. We eat all organic, home-made, unprocessed whole foods. Being under a doctor's care is a great thing and an important step. I suppose I'm coming from a background where I have been quite personally reminded that all experts and professionals know only what they are taught and just as there are doctors who will say that breast milk is no more valuable than formula, there are doctors who will say Atkins is a-okay. Carb-consciousness for the sake of diabetes is one thing. Eliminating a critically important food group to lose weight more quickly is another. I most certainly wish everyone on here the utmost success and hope that the success is life-long. With any diet, pill or gimmick that is meant to be temporary or that takes you a great distance from your natural nutritional tendencies it has been shown time and time again in countless studies the weight loss just doesn't tend to be permanent.
    As a personal trainer, when clients came to me looking for lifestyle change and weight loss the very best thing I could recommend was to adopt a well-rounded, clean eating lifestyle and consistent weight training and cardio. It's the simplest and most effective thing you can do.

Cudos to EVERYONE for being on this journey. I hope whichever path you choose leads to life-long success :flowerforyou: