I have leftover cream cheese. What can I do with it?

Options
2»

Replies

• MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I bought a small tub of cream cheese for spreading on my smoked salmon sandwich. I'll probably repeat this lunch sometime this week or next. Aside from that, what else can I do with cream cheese? Anybody with any recipes that utilises cream cheese? Wouldn't want the tub to go to waste. :ohwell:

http://www.supercook.com/ and type in cream cheese. tons of recipes available.

good luck!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You can also add it to your mash potato instead of butter
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My mom makes dip with it. She puts a block in a shallow bowl, pours a can of no bean chili over it, and tops it with shredded cheddar cheese, microwave a couple minutes and ta-da, it's so yummy with corn chips or whatever chip you have on hand.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Strawberries-
    stuffed strawberries are awesome and so easy to make. Take Large strawberries ( 1 lb) wash, cut off tops, hollow out the middle a tad , then pipe in the following filling:
    8 oz cream cheese, softened
    3-4 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
    1- teaspoon vanilla
    Mix filling ingredients well. Pipe into hollowed out strawberries. Dip in Graham cracker crumbs.

Easy and so darn good !
  • nyd_12
    nyd_12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cut the top off of some jalapenos
    put the cream cheese down in the jalapeno (you can also use any type of cheese)
    wrap a slice of bacon around the outside of the jalapeno (optional but yummy)
    grill or bake until bacon is done
    ENJOY

This recipe is awesome.... Great way to snack.... I also tried it with bell peppers but my favorite is jalapenos :)
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    cut the top off of some jalapenos
    put the cream cheese down in the jalapeno (you can also use any type of cheese)
    wrap a slice of bacon around the outside of the jalapeno (optional but yummy)
    grill or bake until bacon is done
    ENJOY

Sort of like this, I used cream cheese and some shredded colby to make some jalepeno poppers a few weeks ago. sliced the peppers in half long ways to make a boat, deseeded and filled with mixture and baked until cheese filling got bubbly (10 minutes?)

cream cheese will last a long time so dont worry if you dont finish it within a week or two.
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    - Soften and mix with chopped green onions for a spread for crackers or sandwich.
    - Add to marinara sauce to make a tomato cream sauce.
    - Use a spoon or two to finish pan sauces. (Pan fry chicken breast until cooked. Set aside. Then in same pan sautee minced onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme in olive oil or a pat of butter. Deglaze with splash of white wine and finish with a dollop of sour cream and chopped parsley. Serve over pan fried chicken breast. )
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You do add it to salsa chicken in the crockpot.

Chicken
    Salsa
    Black beans
    Additional peppers, onions,

Throw the cream cheese on top to melt

Cook for 6 hours