Help me do a sit up?

Options
Ok this is quite embarassing but ive just realised - after trying.. that im unable to do one sit up.

Now im not overweight but obviously have zero stomach muscles.

How can i build my stomach muscles in order to do sit ups?

thankyou in advance.
p.s add me please im new and looking for motivation on my dash

xx

Replies

• liamsmummy09
    liamsmummy09 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same. I don't think I've ever been able to do one and would love to hear any advice too.
  • madmama40
    madmama40 Posts: 42
    Options
    I was the same when I first started so I did leg lifts instead, lying on my back lift legs up and slowly lower for 4 sets of 10. I also found this was much easier on my back as well. Hope this helps.
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was the same when I first started so I did leg lifts instead, lying on my back lift legs up and slowly lower for 4 sets of 10. I also found this was much easier on my back as well. Hope this helps.

thankyou i will try this :D
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Planks are great for ab work. Not sure if they would be easier or harder than trying situps. Here's a link on some variations.

http://www.bodyresults.com/e2planks.asp
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok this is quite embarassing but ive just realised - after trying.. that im unable to do one sit up.

Now im not overweight but obviously have zero stomach muscles.

How can i build my stomach muscles in order to do sit ups?

thankyou in advance.
    p.s add me please im new and looking for motivation on my dash

xx

I would start off with crunches. I don't actually do a full sit up yet, but I do crunches and what I call reverse crunches where I lay on my back and lift my legs straight up and lower them but don't touch the floor. I do both to the left right and center. Hope this helps =)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    A couple of great alternatives to sit ups are squats and deadlifts. My core strength has improved dramatically using these two lifts.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    I do inclined sit ups with a bench.
    The plank, yes, but its not my favorite.
    Leg raises are a very good starter, I agree with the answer above.
    If you can not do any stomach exercise, practice just tensing your stomach and relaxing it.
    It may seem silly, but its a start and we all have 2 start somewhere.