INSANITY!

Options
2»

Replies

• NickDow
    NickDow Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm pretty new to myfitnesspal and its forum.

I'm Ginelle:) mother, wife, nursing student-all in one..

I'm starting INSANITY today!

Anyone else starting today? Any pointers?

Feel free to msg me, friend me...I need motivation and think it'll be fun to track progress with someone..

-ginelle

As someone who has done INSANITY several times....

Listen to Shaun, focus on form, and landing softly, don't let your ego get in the way and get sloppy to boost your reps. That will come. If you stay sloppy with your form, you'll start putting a lot of wear and tear on your joints and many clients of mine had to stop the program because their knees just couldn't take the abuse anymore. All due to sloppy form and landing hard.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at any time. Health and fitness is my passion, I can chat about this stuff all day. In fact, I normally do ;-)

Nick
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 today! The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm only burning between 350-400 calories per session. And I've seen most people on the forum burn closer to 600-700. Anyone else only burrn about 400?

I broke down and got a heart rate monitor because I was curious as to my real calories burn...I did pure cardio today (on my first week) and I burned 438 cal...and i know I could have pushed myself harder...it really depends, and...I'm jealous of those burning 600 LOL!!

I just stared this week and I'm in loveeee!! LOL
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I am really new to this.. just joined today.. but this app seems pretty out of touch with reality.

at 235 lbs, with 60 mins of activity daily (p90x) or insanity ( sometimes I do the Insanity cardio workouts in place of Kenpo X)...

first of all... this "pal" is recommending only 1400 calories per day.. aiming for 2lbs/ week. To me that sounds a little (or a lot) low. Other programs I have seen recommend a lot more than that.

Secondly... when entering the exercise... there is no way I am entering in each exercise in the video... Today I did the Cardio Power video.. this program should have that information in it. P90x and Insanity are two of the biggest names in fitness programs. This "app" should know how many calories are included.

I don't know.. what I have seen so far I am not impressed with....

If anyone can provide some perspective that would be great.

Invest in a heart rate monitor. No matter what site you use, the only way to get an accurate calorie burn is by using a HRM. That and you definitely don't have to enter every.single.exercise. Who has time for that!