what keeps you going?

Options
As dieting and losing weight is a mind set thing, surely we all have something that keeps us driven. For me it's several things. I want my clothes to fit better, I want to show I can stick to something. Ive been doing this for a few weeks. Proud to say Ive lost a bit. Not a lot but a little, better than nothing. even better than gaining.

I try to stay involved which helps me because I'm constantly looking at it.

What helps you?

Replies

• Gr8mudassir
    Options
    I HOPE I WILL GET THE BIGGEST SUCCESSES THAT WHICH I AM GOING TO STARTING.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    Looking at my before pictures helps me. It encourages me that I have come so far, and discourages me from slipping up! :wink:
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    Personally, I hope that I can someday (soon!!!) be confident enough in the way i look to not compare myself to every girl that walks past me. I have the most amazing boyfriend who seems to draw good looking girls on him whenever we're out together and the green eyed monster inside me is unleashed. Not that I think he's ever hurt me, but I wan't to be confident enough to say, yeah, keep talking girls but he's coming home with me!! How sad is that?!
  • jennygraham08
    Options
    Personally, I hope that I can someday (soon!!!) be confident enough in the way i look to not compare myself to every girl that walks past me. I have the most amazing boyfriend who seems to draw good looking girls on him whenever we're out together and the green eyed monster inside me is unleashed. Not that I think he's ever hurt me, but I wan't to be confident enough to say, yeah, keep talking girls but he's coming home with me!! How sad is that?!

Not sad at all. I feel the same. I have an amazing fiance and he is absolutely gorgeous with a lot going for him and I want to feel confident as well saying the same thing "keep talking girls he's coming home with me" But also the same my man wouldn't do me wrong.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Several things keep me going....

#1, I feel pretty damn good about myself now. I used to cringe looking in the mirror from the neck down. Not so much anymore.

#2, I've bought a new wardrobe and really don't want to have to buy another one (unless perhaps it's another size smaller!)

#3, My friends here. Really. The friends I've made here motivate me to keep going every day, to set an example, to be a friend back and to help motivate them in return.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've slipped back into old habits quite a few times, but I now have the tools to help me. I never give up no matter how times I fail.

What keeps me going is the realization that there's a better me deep inside, I just have to make the right choices to let her out.
    My husband and his fit lifestyle within the military keeps me going.
    And last but not least, knowing that if I don't make a commitment to change, I'm only letting myself down and that's a lot to face everyday. They always say, don't let yourself wake up this time next year and wish you would've started a year ago.
  • warnckms
    warnckms Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My 8 month old son more than anything. I want to be the mom that will run around and play tag with him. I want to be the mom that will take him out and about to enjoy everything. I don't want to be the 'fat' mom to him and his friends. I also have an amazing collection of skirts that I can no longer fit into. But at the base of it all, I keep myself going. Anytime I get discouraged or start to go over board, any time my body aches, I remind myself that I made myself this way and I alone can change me. That I will be able to do so much more!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    1. I wanted to get healthy and get out of obese on the BMI scale.
    2. My kids (13 and 5) I want to be their example of a healthy lifestyle, and it's working so far.
    3. I wanted to get out of plus size clothes (which just happened).
    4. Get my self esteem back, it's been gone for years.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    want to be able to run around and keep up with my son. I want to look great in a bthing suit in June when I go to Florida and I want my old clothes to fit so I don't have to spend money on new ones.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Pure stubborness. It's good to be a taurus ;-)
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    My 8 month old son more than anything. I want to be the mom that will run around and play tag with him. I want to be the mom that will take him out and about to enjoy everything. I don't want to be the 'fat' mom to him and his friends. I also have an amazing collection of skirts that I can no longer fit into. But at the base of it all, I keep myself going. Anytime I get discouraged or start to go over board, any time my body aches, I remind myself that I made myself this way and I alone can change me. That I will be able to do so much more!

My son will be 8 months old Wednesday !!!
  • Actually_Mike
    Actually_Mike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I fall of track with logging on MFP and eating right, but I always (usually) quickly get back into after realizing what a mistake I made! My fiancé and I don't have kids yet, but when we do, I don't want to be the out of shape parent in the future, that's what keeps me going! And I quote that I always keep with me helps a little too!

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to beat hard work."
  • lizaboots
    lizaboots Posts: 43
    Options
    Because I DESERVE IT! Seeing the changes in my body and feeling sexier for myself and my husband keeps me going. NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking I can be better. I just need to do the things to make that happen.
  • JenRedesigned
    JenRedesigned Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My kids. When I started, I was headed towards heart attack, immobilization, etc. all that junk that comes with being over 300 lbs and not caring. I want to see them grow up. I want to see my grand kids. I want to LIVE!

Plus, I'd like to look great along the way ;)
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Have been doing this for over one year now...what keeps me going are
    1) My awesome MFP family.
    2) Pushing myself to my limits and then doing it all over again the next day.
    3) The wonderful feeling you get after a great workout; the amazing amount of energy that I have each and every day (which I didn't have one year ago).
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So so many things that it would be hard to list them all!

The reminder than I'm now engaged and need to shop for a Wedding Dress in about a year and a half!!
    The thought of being healthy when we get pregnant with all our children so they get the best possible start in life.
    Starting School in September to become a Personal Fitness Trainer!!!
    Being an example to others of what a truly healthy lifestyle looks like!
    Buying new clothes in smaller sizes!
    Not being the fat girl anymore!
    The Ability to do everything I always told myself that I was too fat to do!
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have a lot of accountability partners. Some are across several states, but we stay in touch thru texting each other our foods, 'gym' shots before workouts and after, and fitness pal.

I love seeing my clothes fit and folks calling me 'skinney'...I m far from that, but feels good!

I also try on the 2-piece i want to wear on my July girls cruise !! OMG!! Motivation! lol
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Well right now, I've gone this far may as well keep going! If I've gone this far, I know I can do more. I don't want to feel down, sick and unhealthy again.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My mom died of a heart attack at 46. She never got to meet any of her grandchildren. I don't want that to be me and I was heading in that direction. So my family keeps me going.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!