When something small makes your whole day :)

Options
Today I was walking my dog in the park. He is only one year old and pretty bouncy. As I walked past a couple of ladies one of them said 'Running after that dog must be how you keep such a lovely figure!' I was so surprised and lost for words but eventually managed to stutter 'thankyou!!' Little did the lady know that she totally made my day! In fact probably my week :)

What little things have made you happy??

Replies

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    An MFP friend in another state, took a picture of a house for me that I have a personal interest in, and it really meant alot to me, more than she knows!!!! she went out of her way to do such a kind thing, I am thrilled. Thanks Kim!!:heart:
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Well, the little things that make me happy don't involve my figure! I'm not anywhere near there yet. But that was really nice to read your experience. How lovely!

I think simple acknowledgment and a smile are something, done together, that help make my day. We humans live and/or function in communities, yet go about our day without acknowledging each other.

When I go out, I'm always looking at people's faces. I try to catch eyes and smile at people, because I know how much it means to be smiled at. A person can be lonely standing in a crowd. I want them to have a smile that day. And I want a smile at me too.

Thanks for relating your experience. That was so dear.
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old son wakes up early and makes me a cup of coffee and brings it in to me =) That is such a sweet gesture and it totally makes my day. And on the weight loss side, I had started buying and religiously wearing Suck-It-In-Suits...you know, control top undies that reach your bra and those "Body-Shaping" suits. They are so uncomfortable. I decided to stop wearing them. They enabled me to continue to feel better in my clothes but it also feels like lying to myself. I stopped wearing them and I found that although I haven't lost many pounds, but have lost inches and I don't NEED to wear them anymore! That feels fantastic!!! =)