Help With My Strength Routine

Options
Tari_D
Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on my strength routine, particularly when to do strength and when to do cardio.

The way my schedule works I usually have one 20min session and one 30min session each day Monday to Friday and then one day (usually Thursday) when I have a few hours in the gym. Weekends really vary so I don’t like to count on them.

At the moment the plan is to do daily cardio as I am trying to build up my stamina and improve my running. During the long session, once a week, is when I am scheduled to do my resistance/strength training which consists of a routine set up by my personal trainer. This is my first ever such routine, I am very new to strength training.

Thinking about this I think I’d like to up this and maybe alternate between strength and cardio daily. As a lot of the exercises are full body and the routine is a mix of muscle groups to cover all areas - is it ok to do all muscles every other day or should I be breaking them up into muscle groups on different days to give them more time to rest?

And is it advisable/okay to do 2 short strength sessions of the same exercises in one day?

Any other tips for a beginner would also be appreciated but its mainly getting a daily routine established to make it easier to stick to that I am thinking about at the moment. Thanks in advance for your advice :smile:

Replies