Biggest Pet Peeves... what is it?

Options
SmexAppeal
SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
So I walk outside this morning and think to myself, "Wow, what a beautiful morning God has bestowed upon us." Sun was shining, birds were chirping, a nice crispness in the air. So I get in my car to head for work. All is going well when some little blonde headed b*$%h decides she wants to pass the studen driver she is coming up on. Ok, that would have been fine if I hadn't been right along side her!! So she starts to merge over into my lane without a blinker and I slam my breaks on and nail my horn. Stupid girl doesn't even try to recover from what just happens... just keeps driving like she didn't do anything wrong. So I get in front of the student driver and pull up along side her at a red light... staring her down like a freakin crazy person :mad: . She looks over and I just say, "Open your f'in eyes!!!"
So my pet peeve (besides bad hygeiene) is stupidity behind the wheel.
What are all of your biggest pet peeves, and if you have a funny story to share regarding it... please do!
Thank you for listening..
end rant :wink:

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    ride inconsiderate people..grrrrrrrrrr
    I had my 2 small kids with me once and made sure to watch them as I held the door open with my foot...so this man walks through without a head nod..a thank you!
    sooooo rude!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hate the clueless drivers. There are road signs for a reason, read them. You have blinkers for a reason, use them. Driving is not a necessity, it's a privileged, treat it as such! Oh, and slow down in neighborhoods and parking lots. People appear out of no where sometimes!

The gym vultures. The ones that hover near the entrance waiting for a better parking spot to open. And those that spend more time on a machine talking on the phone than they do using the machine. If you're going to talk on the phone, go out to the lobby, as the GYM wants you to!
  • kwith1014
    kwith1014 Posts: 144
    Options
    People who talk down to you because they think they are better than you -- well I guess that could be considered two -- ppl who talk down & ppl who think they are better than you
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    People who post a big old forum topic about how last month they lost weight but this month they didnt so now they are sobbing uncontrollably and ready to give up.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    - People who smell like cigarettes.
    - People who yell at their kids in public.
    - People who talk down to people.
    - People who don't hold the door for you.
    - People who don't say "thanks" when you hold the door for them.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    People who throw things on/ out of cars and buses.... I have had some narrow escapes where i had to pull some matrix stunts.. drives me CRAZY!
    also, I'm a part time waitress- people who don't look at you when they're ordering and people who clap/ click their fingers/ whistle (yes freaking whistle!), and people who come into a family restaurant drunk and throw up on the table (lol that only happened once)
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I have one specifically that relates to work.
    We have an open floor plan for the 1st and 2nd floors. There is a lovely staircase leading up to the 2nd floor that's actually half way between the entrance and the elevators. It drives me INSANE when people hurry to the elevator only to go up to the 2nd floor. These are the same people that complain that they can't lose any weight. I understand if you're carrying something or have health issues...but if you RUN to catch the elevator - just take the damn stairs!

My BIGGEST pet peeve is rudeness. I CAN NOT TOLERATE IT! There's no cause for it - you can always insult someone in a very polite way (an art which I have mastered, thank you very much). It packs a bigger punch when you tell someone what a jack*ss they are with a huge smile on your face. It confuses the heck out of them!
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    People who say "ok" after every other word you say to them.... it's like constant interruptions without any purpose whatsoever. I'm training someone at work who does this and its driving me crazy!!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    People that flick their cig butts out the window when they're driving down the road. I had one come through my sun roof, land in my crotch, and burn a hole in the seat of my car, my pants, and my inner thigh. Every time I see someone flick it out the window...I get pizzed and want to smash into them with my car. I wont...but I want to!
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Rude cyclists. Grrrr! I have no problem with cycling. It's good for your health, it's good for the environment. I give them a wide berth, and in general am a considerate driver.

BUT the cyclists who think they own the road p$%@ me off! They ride three abreast down the road - ignoring the bike path. They run red lights, they ride the wrong way on one way streets, they run over pedestrians as they cross the street legally. GRRRR! They want me to share the road, but they don't want to obey traffic laws. GRRRRRRRR!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    someone replacing a toilet paper roll backwards so the roll ends on the "inside" so ur sitting there spinning it and trying to fish out piece haha

oh wait we talking driving?? would have to be someone sitting at an intersection about to turn right... ur going streight.. you are looking right at them and they are looking at you (making eye contact practically) and there sitting so you continue going about 80km/h and once u get about 10m to them they slowly roll out in your lane and you have to pull out ur racing skills and drifting around them or you will be crashing into back of a suicidal minivan at 80kmh.....
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    People who talk down to you because they think they are better than you -- well I guess that could be considered two -- ppl who talk down & ppl who think they are better than you

Absolutely this for me. Whether it was intentional or not, it happened to me THREE times in half an hour during grocery shopping yesterday. And they were paired with second-guessing/counter-suggesting my item selections. The latter almost made me scream because ironically, he isn't concerned with health and fitness.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When I leave notes or email people & they say, "I got your email, what's this about?" I'm thinking - READ THE DANGED EMAIL! I sent it for a reason. For you to freakin' READ IT & so I wouldn't have to SPEAK to you.

:explode:
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    People driving cars with dogs in their laps hanging out the window.
  • kwith1014
    kwith1014 Posts: 144
    Options
    People who wear their sunglasses on the back of their heads.... I'm looking at one right now...
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    someone replacing a toilet paper roll backwards so the roll ends on the "inside" so ur sitting there spinning it and trying to fish out piece haha

I ask this as a dating prerequisite lol. I hate fishing! It's over the top people!!! Then its always there. Good one!!
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    People driving cars with dogs in their laps hanging out the window.
    Guilty... lol. But my dog doesn't stick his head out the window. He just sits there.