Breast lift and down time

jnh17
jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
For those of you that have had them, what was your down time in regards to your normal exercise routine (running and lifting)? Most of the doctors say "back to work in a week" but I work at a desk and am thinking "an ENTIRE week?"

Replies

• bump
  • I had a lift and reduction. I was back to work (I work at a desk sort of) in two days. I couldn't lift anything over my head and nothing more than 5 lbs just because I was afraid to tear a stitch, but my coworkers knew that and would just help me when I asked. I had a great surgeon and an easy recovery. Some people have a lot more swelling and bruising than I did and need the full week just to not be in pain. It DOES happen.

If you are able to request a couple days off work and then call out sick if you still need recovery time I would consider that. Don't push yourself though. You don't want to ruin one of the best things you will do for yourself.

I am 3 years post op and I am so happy I had mine done!! Good luck!!
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm not sure how different a lift is from a reduction but I had a reduction last year and I took almost two weeks to go back to work. It took almost two months before I started very light exercise. I'm assuming a lift is a more minor surgery though?