Upping Cals with Protein

Options
Hi, all :smile:

I am finding that I've gotten used to eating a lower amount of calories, and after working out I'm usually not hungry enough to eat them all back. I was wondering if protein shakes may be the way to go, but wasn't sure if they are meant only for those who lift weights.

What do you think? Thanks!

Replies

• msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bump

I am wondering the same thing
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Food is better, but protein shakes are good whether you lift or not.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are perfect what you seek. Go for it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are for supplementing protein when you don't eat enough via whole foods. It's preferable to get your protein via more natural methods typically but hell, I drink at least one shake a day, every day (it's my breakfast). You don't have to lift, or even exercise at all, that has nothing to do with it. If you're not willing to eat extra meat or eggs or dairy or whatever to get your protein up, a shake or a good protein bar (pure protein, quest) is perfect for you. Myofusion Milk Chocolate, the best tasting powder there is.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are good as a supplement to obviously add to your protein macro if you aren't reaching it via whole foods. I don't see how it would hurt as they can be pretty filling.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I do eat some form of lean protein with each meal, but still can't seem to get enough protein. So to have it in my smoothie in the morning will be great!
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake after my workouts at the gym, typically because eating regular food after working out makes me sick. Shakes are fine though, and it tastes great!