Pescatarian Running diet

Options
Hello,
I'm a 2 year vegetarian- recently turned pescatarian (I eat fish, but no other meat) for nutritional purposes. I'm looking to start running (using the C25K program) fairly soon. I was very active up until about 5 years ago, but I always ate whatever I wanted and didn't have to worry about my weight.
I'm still trying to get the hang of eating healthily, and I am VERY nervous about keeping myself properly fed while trying to pick up running.

Any tips/suggestions/recipes that anyone might have for me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• fitsaxon
    fitsaxon Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi there! I've been running for a little while, but have been taking it easy on the meat recently.

This site has some great tips and recipies for runners who are low/no meat eaters: http://www.nomeatathlete.com/
  • reneecooperman
    reneecooperman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a similar diet to yours and I've been running 3 times a week for the past year or so with occasional 5Ks here and there for motivation. I'm 47, not an expert, but what I do is keep my food very plain. I love sugar and chocolate, but otherwise, I eat meals that are maybe two or three ingredients . . . maybe I'm just lazy :) So for example, whole grain spaghetti, part of a can of crushed tomatoes, vegan Boca "meat" crumbles. Fortunately, my husband is such a good guy, he doesn't complain.