Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Up my calories? To What?

13»

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    my BMR according to mfp is 1134

How do I get my TDEE ? I am totally incapable of doing percentages etc. Is there a tool for this?
    Recently (8 days ago) upped my calories from 1200 to 1350. Not had a disasterous weight gain so far, been a bit up and down, like before really. That was the reason I decided to try upping.
    Am I doing this right?

Help

Ok found a website and calculated TDEE. depending on whether I set my execise level to light or moderate I am given 1650 or 1861 as a figure. I am a teacher, walk about 40 mins most days, do a bit of other stuff inc zumba here and there.

Someone please tell me how many calories to eat if I want to lose about a lb per week. I only have 4lb to lose. but have been stuck for ages now.
    Any good ideas?
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    My MFP calculated BMR is 1460. The average of other sites is 1584. For me to lose 1lb a week, MFP says to eat 1400cals.

I walk everyday, once on Sun and Wed (3.5km), twice on the other days (8.5km), but I still chose sedentary on the calculators.

A new calculator (http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm) [I realise they vary] says - when I use 'hard exercise 6/7days a week):
    Caloric Need:
    Estimated Base BMR: 1268 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 2188 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1688 Calories.

And if I use little to no exercise:
    Caloric Need:
    Estimated Base BMR: 1268 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 1522 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1022 Calories.

Just to confuse me more, another one (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html) when using exercise 6/7 days a week to eat 2677, or 1862 at little/no exercise.

Arrrgghh!

I am pretty sure I should also up my cals, but I have no clue to what number!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Arrrgghh!

I am pretty sure I should also up my cals, but I have no clue to what number!
    [/quote]

^^^^^^^^
    THIS.

Help please:cry:
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    i find this so confusing someone help me

Im 23,
    5'2
    126lbs

GW 120lbs

My BMR is: 1,280 calories/day

Im currently doing 30 day shred so atleast 20 mins a day for about 5 days a week.
    I also have a young baby so spending the day lifting her and on my feet, do a little bit of walking etc

MFP has put my daily calori intake at 1350 to lose half 1b a week, does this sound about right?

I obviously dont have much to lose and would prob be happy with just toning up? x
  • jeremy_c
    jeremy_c Posts: 21

Ok found a website and calculated TDEE. depending on whether I set my execise level to light or moderate I am given 1650 or 1861 as a figure. I am a teacher, walk about 40 mins most days, do a bit of other stuff inc zumba here and there.

Someone please tell me how many calories to eat if I want to lose about a lb per week. I only have 4lb to lose. but have been stuck for ages now.
    Any good ideas?

I would use a TDEE calculator such as http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html and choose Light Exercise. i.e. you do walk around during your job, unlike a desk worker. Then as you exercise log it here on MFP and let it take care of adding calories for you.

From what I have read, though, if you only have 4 pounds to loose, loosing 1 pound a week is not realistic. You probably need to set your goal for 1/2 pound a week, or 250 calories a day below your TDEE, but make sure you eat at least your BMR.