Up my calories? To What?

Options
13»

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    my BMR according to mfp is 1134

How do I get my TDEE ? I am totally incapable of doing percentages etc. Is there a tool for this?
    Recently (8 days ago) upped my calories from 1200 to 1350. Not had a disasterous weight gain so far, been a bit up and down, like before really. That was the reason I decided to try upping.
    Am I doing this right?

Help

Ok found a website and calculated TDEE. depending on whether I set my execise level to light or moderate I am given 1650 or 1861 as a figure. I am a teacher, walk about 40 mins most days, do a bit of other stuff inc zumba here and there.

Someone please tell me how many calories to eat if I want to lose about a lb per week. I only have 4lb to lose. but have been stuck for ages now.
    Any good ideas?
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My MFP calculated BMR is 1460. The average of other sites is 1584. For me to lose 1lb a week, MFP says to eat 1400cals.

I walk everyday, once on Sun and Wed (3.5km), twice on the other days (8.5km), but I still chose sedentary on the calculators.

A new calculator (http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm) [I realise they vary] says - when I use 'hard exercise 6/7days a week):
    Caloric Need:
    Estimated Base BMR: 1268 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 2188 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1688 Calories.

And if I use little to no exercise:
    Caloric Need:
    Estimated Base BMR: 1268 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 1522 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1022 Calories.

Just to confuse me more, another one (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html) when using exercise 6/7 days a week to eat 2677, or 1862 at little/no exercise.

Arrrgghh!

I am pretty sure I should also up my cals, but I have no clue to what number!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Arrrgghh!

I am pretty sure I should also up my cals, but I have no clue to what number!
    [/quote]

^^^^^^^^
    THIS.

Help please:cry:
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i find this so confusing someone help me

Im 23,
    5'2
    126lbs

GW 120lbs

My BMR is: 1,280 calories/day

Im currently doing 30 day shred so atleast 20 mins a day for about 5 days a week.
    I also have a young baby so spending the day lifting her and on my feet, do a little bit of walking etc

MFP has put my daily calori intake at 1350 to lose half 1b a week, does this sound about right?

I obviously dont have much to lose and would prob be happy with just toning up? x
  • jeremy_c
    jeremy_c Posts: 21
    Options

Ok found a website and calculated TDEE. depending on whether I set my execise level to light or moderate I am given 1650 or 1861 as a figure. I am a teacher, walk about 40 mins most days, do a bit of other stuff inc zumba here and there.

Someone please tell me how many calories to eat if I want to lose about a lb per week. I only have 4lb to lose. but have been stuck for ages now.
    Any good ideas?

I would use a TDEE calculator such as http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html and choose Light Exercise. i.e. you do walk around during your job, unlike a desk worker. Then as you exercise log it here on MFP and let it take care of adding calories for you.

From what I have read, though, if you only have 4 pounds to loose, loosing 1 pound a week is not realistic. You probably need to set your goal for 1/2 pound a week, or 250 calories a day below your TDEE, but make sure you eat at least your BMR.