My maintenance calories are high,...food suggestions?

Options
With my goals now being set to build muscle, I decided to start increasing my calorie consumption. Now, I'm realizing that it's very difficult just to meet my maintenance calories with good, nutritious foods. My maintenance calories for my size and activity level are 2460! If anyone has some higher calorie (but still healthy) food suggestions to help me meet my calorie goals, it would be greatly appreciated!
Dixie

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi I love natural peanut butter and often have 2 slices whole toast with peanut butter and a chopped banana on top, plus fruit juice and a yogurt for breakie = approx 600 cal for breakie?

I like avocado in salad's too - think that ups the cals.

and I like cheese too (i wouldnt suggest a block though!)

snack on dried fruit and nuts?
    x
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    ....guacamole? Love it with chicken and veg wraps.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    With my goals now being set to build muscle, I decided to start increasing my calorie consumption. Now, I'm realizing that it's very difficult just to meet my maintenance calories with good, nutritious foods. My maintenance calories for my size and activity level are 2460! If anyone has some higher calorie (but still healthy) food suggestions to help me meet my calorie goals, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Dixie
    Are you sure you've calculated that correctly? My exact maintaince calories are 2588, and I'm 6'3/205 pounds.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Dixie
    Are you sure you've calculated that correctly? My exact maintaince calories are 2588, and I'm 6'3/205 pounds.
    Pretty sure. I'm 6'4, 185lbs and very active.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi I love natural peanut butter and often have 2 slices whole toast with peanut butter and a chopped banana on top, plus fruit juice and a yogurt for breakie = approx 600 cal for breakie?

I like avocado in salad's too - think that ups the cals.

and I like cheese too (i wouldnt suggest a block though!)

snack on dried fruit and nuts?
    x

Good ideas! Thank you! Hope you and baby are doing well!
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Drink some protein drinks with milk. I have one every morning after I work out, and it's delicious!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    good healthy high cal stuff to add to meals...

-cold pressed extra virgin olive oil 120cals for 1 tbsp...
    -ground flax seed 90cals for 1tbsp
    -fish oils (dont remember calories as i started taking capsules instead..)
    -all natural peanut butter 90cals 1tbsp
    -rice.......
    -low fat milk...

list goes on :) the top 3-4 are my favorite as you can add them to ALL your meals and it makes em taste better... especially the cold presseed olive oil... 2tbsp 240cals +heatlhy fats n delish!