Dad's Liver Trasnplant

Options
HI Everyone!

I really wanted to post sooner, but have been absolutely crazy running around!

Dads surgery went reeally well! It was 14hours of sheer anxiety for us... but he did remarkably well. The liver was in very good condition and began working immediately. they were able to move him out if the ICU into a stepdown unit yesterday and he is now able to have clear liquids.

The best moment was when I was able to see him for the first time and he knew who I was. That hasnt happened for a long time and it really made my day!

I was with him last night and he was able to communicate better, but gets tired very quickly adn is in alot of pain still. but he is getting better and stronger every day.

I ask that you all keep us in your thoughts and prayers, as we have a long journey ahead. I attribute this success to the healing power of prayer, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being so involved in this process. the messages I have gotten have helped to keep me going and I can feel the power of all the good thoughts in every breath he takes...

I am in awe and so very thankful.

I ask that you all keep the donor family in your thoughts and prayers and they have lost a loved one and we are forever in their debt. I only hope that they can find peace in knowing that they have given the most precious gift of all to so many. I will forever remember them in my prayers.

thank you all again.....