"You have the heart of an athlete but you will never be a su

Hello! I'm brand new to myfitnesspal, after going for my annual physical today and mentioning to my doctor that I would like to lose weight. She suggested the site after telling me that I "have the heart of an athlete but you will never be a super model". No, I was not surprised, and no, I have never wanted to be a super model. Just a few pounds lighter would make me happy.

I have never calorie counted before, so this should be interesting!

This will be my 3rd summer doing triathlons, and while I ran my first marathon in November, I'm still trying to become a "real" runner (whatever that is!).

I'm looking for inspiration... I've probably got 30 pounds to lose.

PaddlingTriGirl (in Ontario)

Replies

• vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    I will send you a friend request. I am fairly new here too.

The support you get from friends on here is great.

Welcome to MFP!
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    I will send you both friend requests.
  • lizz3lizz
    lizz3lizz Posts: 14
    Hi I'm a softball player and indeed I'm an athlete so I'll also never be a model. Don't want to be. Just a little bit morecsexier with less weight.

*******confidence is everything******
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Feel free to add me! I have been on the site for about 6 weeks and am training for my first 5k in a month! And I have never run a full mile in my life!
  • Hey! I am also new here, started my account here today. I used to have a fairly OK body, but has now become... well. Not how I want to look.
    I play ice-hockey from time to time, and I work out in a gym. I am quite busy with school and work, which I think is the reason I have gained weight the last year. I used to want to look like a supermodel before (I had some eating problems aswell), and yes, I must say I miss when I actually had the motivation. Now I want to be fit and have a toned body. My goal is to look good this summer!

I will send you a friend request :-)