A little discoraged today!

Options
I am a little discouraged today. I have been working out like crazy for almost three weeks. I have consistantly lost 1 pund every 3-4 days for total loss of 2 a week. I am using MFP to keep track of calories. I had a gain of one pound today. I am bummed about this and trying not to start stress eating bacuse of it. :sad:

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Don't let the pound fool you. It could be bloating, muscle mass, as we know muscle weighs more than fat. If you weight next week, 5 pounds might be gone! Never, ever give up!
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    One pound is nothing - it could be fluid retention because of TOM, due to something you ate yesterday, or any number of things. There are always going to be fluctuations in your weight from day to day and not always one you want to see. I sometimes gain 3-4 pounds overnight for no apparent reason, but the next day or 2 they are gone along with a little extra. Do not start stress eating... take a deep breath and drink a couple extra glasses of water today. :)
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, you're doing fab! Maybe you've just lost fat, gained muscle (which weighs more) it would make sense concidering you're working out!
    Don't give up, you can do it!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    keep at it.. has your sodium been up your could be retaining some water. Hydrate hydrate hydrate it will help!
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pleas don't give up! Some people can fluctuate anywhere from 3-5 lbs do to things like water retention and sodium (just to name a few). I wouldn't be surprised if you're back down at your next weigh in.

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, between about 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM today, I've "gained" 2 pounds. Seriously, don't worry about it. Weight fluctuates so much even within the same day, and from day to day. As long as the trendlines are headed in the right direction, you're doing good.
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love the scale because it encourgages me, but this morning I hated it due to the same thing!!!!! Put me in a bad mood :( up 2 pounds from yesterdaty - really??? but reading all of your postings makes me feel so much better! My jeans are still lose and that is what matters :)
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just had lunch and I stuck to the plan. :smile:

Still bummed but trying to get over it!
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Still bummed here too - so I ate my salad for lunch then some chocolate covered almonds and I feel so much better! I best go to the gym later :)
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You have lost 7 lbs, that is awesome! 1 pound could be nothing more than when you weighed yourself. Are you comparing a weigh-in after a meal to a weigh-in first thing in the morning? 7 pounds is great! Don't loose sight of your goal, and you will get there. good luck.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in at work on the same scales at the same time of day (first thing, before breakfast) on Mondays and Thursdays. I didn't even splurge over the weekend.

Working out 6 days a week for a min of 30 mins. Alternating Biggest Loser Cardio Max, walking and just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.