Single Truth is

BuckeyeBoi
BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
I really want love and a relationship

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7rpL1_6KSFQME8uq_tyitsGYhJbBpPyJEEtenUW0HqHOLE1uI4g
  • They say you find it when you're not looking. It's hard to be alone. I hope you find it soon.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    I hear ya. I have a married friend who always says how envious of me being single....but it ain't so great (except I can sleep in the middle of the bed....when my dog lets me!). Being single sucks in many respects....
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Being single ain't so bad.........................but then, I went through a rather horrendous marriage for a LONG time, and being single has given me new life!

We're all on different paths, aren't we?
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Im not in a hurry it s just a desire...... I just dont like serial dating
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    put away your puppet might be a good start
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I hear ya. I have a married friend who always says how envious of me being single....but it ain't so great (except I can sleep in the middle of the bed....when my dog lets me!). Being single sucks in many respects....

Does your dog ever let you? Mine doesn't. She's only 22lbs yet takes up 75% of the bed. More in the summer when she doesn't want to be curled up close and pushes me to the edge.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Im not in a hurry it s just a desire...... I just dont like serial dating

Tell that to a chick and you will score. 80% of the time..it works everytime.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member

I may be the only person to ever say this but being single does not suck, I have been single for almost 5 years and I have yet to find 1 respect where being single sucks...

I can make plans with out saying "let me check and see what the boyfriend is doing."
    I can have the entire bed to myself
    I never have to put my clothes away - I actually never put clothes away, I just take them out of the clothes hamper and wear them.
    I never have to worry that someone is going to get butt hurt if I decide to hang out with my guy friends - go for beers, or work on cars or anything like that.
    I always get to pick my own music and listen to it as loud as I want...

the list of not suckage is way bigger than the list of suckage imho.

The only thing that sucks about being single is actually going out on dates - I am super awkward when I first meet someone.
  • 1shauna1

Does your dog ever let you? Mine doesn't. She's only 22lbs yet takes up 75% of the bed. More in the summer when she doesn't want to be curled up close and pushes me to the edge.
    Lol, no....and she's only 12 pounds! But she has to sleep right up next to me. I often wake up afraid I'm going to push her off the bed because she likes to sleep on the outside. To be honest I don't mind sharing with the dog....I never really got the hang of sleeping well with another person though! But I'd like a guy to do stuff with....online dating makes me depressed! (I'm not knocking it; have friends who have found their significant others there, but I'm not sure it's for me).
  • 1shauna1

I may be the only person to ever say this but being single does not suck, I have been single for almost 5 years and I have yet to find 1 respect where being single sucks...

I can make plans with out saying "let me check and see what the boyfriend is doing."
    I can have the entire bed to myself
    I never have to put my clothes away - I actually never put clothes away, I just take them out of the clothes hamper and wear them.
    I never have to worry that someone is going to get butt hurt if I decide to hang out with my guy friends - go for beers, or work on cars or anything like that.
    I always get to pick my own music and listen to it as loud as I want...

the list of not suckage is way bigger than the list of suckage imho.

The only thing that sucks about being single is actually going out on dates - I am super awkward when I first meet someone.
    You do make good points! That's true. I guess I'm a romantic at heart though....
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member

Lol, no....and she's only 12 pounds! But she has to sleep right up next to me. I often wake up afraid I'm going to push her off the bed because she likes to sleep on the outside. To be honest I don't mind sharing with the dog....I never really got the hang of sleeping well with another person though! But I'd like a guy to do stuff with....online dating makes me depressed! (I'm not knocking it; have friends who have found their significant others there, but I'm not sure it's for me).

I'm at least lucky in that mine sleeps on the inside so I wake up when afraid I am falling off the bed (and occasionally do)
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Hopeless Romantic here
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Hopeless Romantic here
    Hang in there....I know there is a special lady out there for you!
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Hopeless Romantic here
    Hang in there....I know there is a special lady out there for you!
    or 2 if I miss the first one lol!
  • Met my guy on POF. That was a little over three years ago, so the culture there may be a little different now. I used their match suggestion and it worked out great. We got engaged this past Christmas. I actually dated a couple of other people from that site and I felt like they were quality people, just not the right fit for me. Who knows, might work for you too....=)
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Met my guy on POF. That was a little over three years ago, so the culture there may be a little different now. I used their match suggestion and it worked out great. We got engaged this past Christmas. I actually dated a couple of other people from that site and I felt like they were quality people, just not the right fit for me. Who knows, might work for you too....=)
    Ugggggggggggggg, jk POF I might or Eharmony
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7rpL1_6KSFQME8uq_tyitsGYhJbBpPyJEEtenUW0HqHOLE1uI4g
    I had to re-quote this because it made me snort.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    After 33 years of marriage and still going strong, I highly recommend it. We're all on our own paths in life and we need to do what makes us happy. Being married makes me happy. I can't really imagine what my life would be like without my wife and kids and grand kids. I also know some lifelong singles that are very happy in their circumstances as well. I think happiness can be found in either direction but if you want to have a life partner in life, don't be afraid to look for them. I do think as we get older, it is more difficult as we may have too much to risk. I was 19 when I got married, didn't have a dime to my name, a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out...things are much different now but it took time. Being young and dumb has its advantages.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    love and relationships both make me very scared.

Im always sure Im going to suffocate or break his heart or disappear.

Or he will sneakily start changing me....

brb paper bag... Ive been single for too long, I barely remember how to do dating.