Jumpstart Cleanse???

Options
I have been out of this for a while, very sick dog, hurt neck, blah blah blah excuses, excuses. I am back in full force and have 15 pounds to lose. I am looking for a good jump start cleansing detox program? Anyone know of a good one I can try? Thank you!

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Drink water, eat healthy, fresh, clean foods and exercise and your body will do the work for you. It's built to cleanse itself of toxins and does a wonderful job with it when fed the right things.

There has been no medical proof that cleanses/detoxes do anything to the body that is beneficial. A friend of mine did one a few years back and has permanently messed up her digestive system because of it. Always in constant pain. The extra chemicals and such that are in these things do nothing and are just money grabs for pill companies.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Drink water, eat healthy, fresh, clean foods and exercise and your body will do the work for you. It's built to cleanse itself of toxins and does a wonderful job with it when fed the right things.

There has been no medical proof that cleanses/detoxes do anything to the body that is beneficial. A friend of mine did one a few years back and has permanently messed up her digestive system because of it. Always in constant pain. The extra chemicals and such that are in these things do nothing and are just money grabs for pill companies.

Exactly what I would have said.

The best way to cleanse your body is to make sure you eat enough fruit and veggies for good fiber and use the bathroom reguarlary. Our bodies already have a perfect cleansing system.

I think if one needs a jump start, simply cleaning out your fridge or panty is enough to get that mental clarity some need when "getting back on the wagon"

Good luck!
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you're thinking of the Jillian Michaels' product with precisely that name, don't! It's not only a rip-off, but it screws up your system to boot. Your 'cleanse' consists of diurectics and a laxative (magnesia), and all it does is dehydrate you and give you a lasting case of constipation. Excellent value for money, in other words :angry:

Do what the other two posters suggested, that's your best move!
  • janamuma
    janamuma Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you! Water and fruits and veggies it is!
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just going to reinforce what was said above. Best of luck to you!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I did the 10 day cleanse from complete nutrion and I really liked it.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 90d. Body Revolution, in which she puts you on a "detox meal plan" to kickstart your metabolism consisting of wild alaskan salmon, tilapia, hormone-free beef, mixed greens, low fat greek yogurt, and other healthy, wholesome foods for 7 days. Not only did I discove how sensitive to gluten and nitrates I truly am, but I lost 4 lbs. I should also add that the other half of the week consisted of cardio & stretching using her program 2xday.

The kicker for successful detox and healthful meal plans is simple. Don't eat processed food. Eat organic when you can and buy local whenever possible, too. If it doesn't have a mother or didn't come from the ground, DON'T EAT IT.
  • klgonier
    klgonier Posts: 1
    Options
    I wouldn't do anything with chemicals, but my doctor has had me do a 10 day juice fast a time or two and it really helps get my inflammation under control and gives me a good basis to eat healthier (which I have a heard time doing when my inflammation is high and I am hurting). In the past I have just done juice from the store, but this time I am getting freshly prepared juice from a local nutritionist. I saw you can also order it online and have it delivered. The juices aren't particularly sweet and thicker than store juice, but they are packed with nutrients. Some of the weight you might lose with these will be water, just because you aren't taking in solid foods, but I've always had so much more energy afterwards. That makes it worth it alone. It’s much easier to do regular exercise and make good eating choices when I have energy. Good luck!