Dessert Social

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I have to go to one at my daughter's school...how can I get through it without ruining all the hard work I've done this week? Since Monday I've stuck to my calories strictly, drank all my water, and I've exercised every day this week. How can I do this and not blow it?

Replies

• ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    If it's something where everyone brings one and you can pick what you want off the buffett... pick four of your favorite desserts and put one bite of each on your plate. But eat them like you have 20 bites to work on. Savor them, enjoy them and enjoy the time with your daughter. That's how I would do it, anyway! If it's something more like you get one dessert, then ask for a smaller portion and enjoy every last bite. I don't think there's any reason you can't enjoy a LITTLE bit of dessert. :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    rice krispie squares, jello jigglers, angel food cake, small cookie...these are a few items we had at our social and they don't do too much damage, I don't care for sweets at all, so I had a cup of tea, and shared the biggest rice krispie square on earth with my toddler.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I made a fruit salad....good compromise. :drinker: