Cucumber Verrines

Options
codykitty
codykitty Posts: 729
Cucumber verrines

French women consume over ten pounds of cucumbers a year, mostly in summer months. Julie, an adopted Provençale friend with Lebanese roots, loves anything cucumber and came up with this simple and delicious concoction.
INGREDIENTS

2 cups of cucumber
2 red peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of a lemon
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons basil, minced
4 teaspoons of fresh goat cheese
1 tablespoon chives, minced

Yield: 4 servings
INSTRUCTIONS

Wash the cucumber, split in half and remove seeds. Do not peel. Cut into small cubes.

Slice off wider end of the peppers, open, remove seeds and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Steam until tender about 8 minutes. Let cool. (This is better done ahead of time and refrigerated). Slice in small pieces.

When ready to serve, put about 1/4 cup of cucumber at the bottom of your verrine and follow with a layer of pepper and then add the rest of the cucumber.

Mix the oil and lemon juice and season to taste. Pour the dressing over the veggies.

Mix the goat cheese with the chives and top each verrine with the cheese mixture. Serve with a little espresso spoon.

Replies

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! I am going to try it tomorrow - is it delish? Never thought of a verrine with cucumber (when I read the word verrine, my mind always strays to dessert and custards...).
    :flowerforyou:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: TFS!!! it sounds Yummy........why do they eat so many though?! the taste or something else?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: TFS!!! it sounds Yummy........why do they eat so many though?! the taste or something else?

I thought about that too.... 10 lbs is not that much though, if you think that you can have them year round, and cucmbers are heavy. I can easily eat a half cucmber in a sitting, and they have almost no calories!

They must have some type of detox effect? I see cucumber water almost as regularly as lemon/lime at spas lately - and it is pretty refreshing.
    :smile: