zucchini lasagna (NO PASTA!)

Options

Replies

• Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! I'll have to make this for lunch tomorrow.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    bump
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    omg! awesome sounding recipe!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • nikinee
    nikinee Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    eeewwww ...... I wished I like zucchini.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yum! I definitely want to try this! Thanks!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will definitely try this for dinner.
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, thanks!
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    mmmm saving this.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    So I just made this and I'm a bit disappointed. OP, is that your pic in the first post? If so, how in the WORLD did you get it to be that perfect?

I don't know if I'm just missing something here, but I found it nearly impossible to slice the zucchini correctly. Trying to slice it that thin was just impossible. It kept breaking off and I ended up with awkward half-slices, some a lot thinner than others. Because of this, trying to lay it out in the pan was a bit like a puzzle. And when it was done, eating it was extremely messy and difficult. Not only because of the awkward slices, but because the ricotta cheese melted into a near-liquid state, which kind of caused the zucchini to slide everywhere when I tried to cut it to eat.

On top of all that, the calorie count isn't even that low! I got 184 per piece (6 pieces). And I only used half of the recommended olive oil! That's actually MORE calories than the baked spaghetti I normally make, which is even bigger pieces. So, I think I'll stick to making baked spaghetti.

Don't get me wrong, it tasted good. Just not worth the hassle to me.
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    yum...bump
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    5828077709_fa371852a9.jpg

Zucchini Lasagna (without the pasta sheets)
    (makes one square, 8″ x 8″ lasagna, or about 6 servings)

3 medium-large zucchinis, yellow squashes or other summer squashes, ends trimmed
    8 oz. ricotta
    1 egg
    about 1/4 cup pesto
    about 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    about 1/4 cup grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano
    sea salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice zucchini and squashes lengthwise into about 1/8-inch thick slices. You should have at least 20 long pieces for layers. Drizzle all the pieces with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper on each side.

Gently beat the egg and mix in thoroughly with the ricotta. Stir in a pinch of salt and pepper.

Lightly oil the bottom of a square casserole dish. Arrange four large squash slices on the bottom. Spread 1/3 of the pesto on top. Arrange another layer of squash pieces, horizontally in relation to the last layer. Spread half the ricotta on top. Add another layer of squash pieces and spread another 1/3 of the pesto. Add another layer of squash pieces and spread the remaining ricotta. Add another layer of squash pieces and spread the remaining pesto. Sound like a broken record.

Sprinkle the top with the grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano and bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Let cool for at least five minutes and serve.

(recipe from noteatingoutinny.com)

Thanks!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    this looks great!
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump! :)