Low HR and BP??

Options
Okay, quick question.
I generally have low blood pressure and a low resting heart rate. 100-110 over 60-70 with a resting HR of 60-65.

Ok well I was feeling pretty light headed and what not yesterday and I just look my BP at work. [With one of those wrist cuffs]
It kinda freaked me out. 3 readings
107/70 with 47BPM
103/58 with 45 BPM
107/46 with48 BPM

I guess its the pulse thats kinda weirding me out. Any... comments or something? Should I be worried?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Talk to a doctor. It could be a form of hypotension or another medical issues.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You could get it checked out. The BP isn't really worrying, but doctors generally check out HRs less than 50 bpm.

And it could just be normal. My HR is about 35-40 bpm and my blood pressure is generally around 90/60.
  • CharMarieDavis
    Options
    I wouldn't be TOO worried. As long as the top number remains over 100, should be fine. May want to consult a doctor though. Low Blood pressure can be harmful to the body as well. If you are feeling light headed, obviously get it checked out. You know your body best and better to be safe than sorry. May not be a big deal if you have been sitting down resting for the last hour before you took your blood pressure.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Okay, quick question.
    I generally have low blood pressure and a low resting heart rate. 100-110 over 60-70 with a resting HR of 60-65.

Ok well I was feeling pretty light headed and what not yesterday and I just look my BP at work. [With one of those wrist cuffs]
    It kinda freaked me out. 3 readings
    107/70 with 47BPM
    103/58 with 45 BPM
    107/46 with48 BPM

I guess its the pulse thats kinda weirding me out. Any... comments or something? Should I be worried?

i have no BP comments, but HR (do you exercise a lot)? low heart rates are a sign your heart doesn't have to work as hard to pump blood it's a muscle and that's generally a good thing, but if you feel sick, you can go to a doctor if it's something that keeps happening (the lightheadness)
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I do exercise just about every day. About 6 times a week for the past 3 months.
    I;ve heard that how HR could have to do with being 'fit'

Thanks for all of your replys, everyone.