A smaller success, but very notable to me

Options
Awwww yeah. So, this morning I was really down and depressed and tired and really just did not want to run. However, Eric (my fiance) forced me to put on my big girl pants and get my *kitten* out there and do it. And even though I wanted to give up halfway through, I did not, and I went the whole 30 minutes.

Normally, I would just post this as a status to my friends, but I feel this is a momentous occasion. You see, whenever I undergo a new exercise regimen, be it running or pilates or yoga or calisthenic shoe tying, I always, ALWAYS give up after a week. I do my exercises for one week diligently and feel great at the end. And then I take the next few days off and I just never get back into it.

Today was the first time I ever got over the dreaded weekend hump, even though I was afraid I would fall into the same old trap again. It must be some combination of actually being markedly healthier than I used to be and actually having a good support net (not just Eric, but all of you guys as well, especially my MFP buddies and Google+ Health circle dudes).

So, I want to say thank you to all you peeps who have been pushing me to do what I need to do, even (and especially) if it's not what I want to do. When I go running 5Ks in bikinis, I will make sure to send you the sexy photos. Kekekekeke.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awww, that's such a great NSV! So glad you have your own personal support team in your fiance and glad you can come to MFP for support too! Now that you're over the weekend hump, I'm sure you will clear many more humps and reach many goals you've set for yourself. Good job! :)
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good job! Building the habit is always the hardest part. I need to keep at something for a month for it to start to stick, so I appreciate the difficulty.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!