struggle to eat 1200!

Options
I have only been doing this for just over a week and beforehand I was generally eating well with a few pig outs (curry take aways/wine/cheese) each week. The rest of the time I had good breakfast, decent lunch and ok tea! Now that I am doing this I have cut out some of the rubbish (and keep the rest within the calories allowed) however without the junk I find it quite hard to actually get to 1200 never mind more for when I exercise. Now I can use the extra to eat things I like, (wine/cheese choc etc) but really I am trying to change overall not just keep to a number. Any ideas for meeting my targets without rubbish welcome? PS I am not usually hungry on this amount. Weight gain has been in part due to working from home for the last two years along with too many treats.

Replies

• Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    avocado, olive oil, nuts (almonds and walnuts), seeds (sunflower), full-fat greek yogurt
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    Nothing should be off-limits. If you just eat an extra snack of peanut butter toast, that's 200-300 calories right there. Cheese and an apple = 200. Cottage cheese and fruit = 200.

Just start using full fat dairy instead of reduced. Add some butter or Ranch dressing to your veggies.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I seriously wish I had this problem. I eat 1700 and it's no struggle at all ;)
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    did not have the problem before starting here, after all I got here for a reason. As I said, I have mainly eaten 3 decent healthy meals a day but the snacks, odd take away and alcohol , plus cheeses which I adore, coupled with a job that entails moving no further than the sofa most days has done the damage. If I just eat 3 meals and have a decent snack then I am around 1200 at the most. I have carried on with alcohol so far and counted that in but now I want to stop that too!
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Have snacks such as a handful of almonds, plenty of fruit, small piece of cheese, houmous with vegetables, yoghurts and rice cakes or wholegrain crackers with low fat cheese spread such as Philadelphia. Treats shouldn't be forbidden :)
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    actually was not forbidding treats but was trying to eat only when hungry. Currently eating grapes and choc philidelphia just because I can lol.