Love yourself...give her sweets?

Options
2»

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I have a small treat every night, normally 200 cals or less, and it keeps me on track. Right now? I am enjoying a No Pudge! brownie, with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. :)
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone's thoughts on the whole "saving money" by buying in bulk? I don't like to spend so much on a small volume of a good treat but if it's in the house or available, I will eat it more frequently until
    It's gone. Maybe it's the whole "finish what's on your plate" mentality. How do you still enjoy a little something once in a while without breaking the bank? Oh, and cooking your own doesn't work because I just eat all of it.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I asked my mom what she ate when I was in utero and she said "glazed doughnuts...I could eat half a dozen in one sitting". To this day that smell is like kryptonite to me. Thank you for the ideas and support!!

I read somewhere, recently, that what a mommy eats while she's pregnant can have an effect on whether the child has a sweet tooth, likes salty snacks, craves spicy food, etc. So weird!
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anyone's thoughts on the whole "saving money" by buying in bulk? I don't like to spend so much on a small volume of a good treat but if it's in the house or available, I will eat it more frequently until
    It's gone. Maybe it's the whole "finish what's on your plate" mentality. How do you still enjoy a little something once in a while without breaking the bank? Oh, and cooking your own doesn't work because I just eat all of it.

If you go to a grocery store with bulk bins you can buy just a little bit and it IS cheaper. You can also try new foods out without having to buy like a pound of almond meal or a 100 serving tub of whey protein. :D

Unfortunately, if I bought large quantities of delicious things in bulk I would eat ALL THE THINGS, and end up spending more money later treating my obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. When fruits and veggies are in season though I do buy a ton and freeze or can them.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one little treat per day...usually my godiva dark chocolate =p I'm never giving that up!
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, if I bought large quantities of delicious things in bulk I would eat ALL THE THINGS, and end up spending more money later treating my obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. When fruits and veggies are in season though I do buy a ton and freeze or can them.

ooo! good point! Spluge on fruit and veg when in season...freeze and enjoy later! I wonder if I can freeze avocado.