"Treat" foods that are actually healthy?

Options

Replies

• ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Nakd Pecan pie bar, All natural indredients, just smooshed together in a handy bar delicious, ( Dates 52%, Pecan 28%, Almonds 20%) Tastes exactly like pecan pie

Sounds yummy!!!!!!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My post workout shake is so good......

1 scoop choc protein powder
    1/2 frozen banana
    two Tbsp. PB2
    one Tbsp. of sugar free chocolate syrup
    5 ice cubes

Add some more water and blend!!! Delicious!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm eating mine right now..a whole wheat pita with hummus, chicken and veggies! (Aka, a healthy falafel.) 400 cals for the entire lunch.

Maybe some day I'll see carrot sticks as a delicacy....until then, god bless the chick pea!

Anyone else have a food like this that tricks your brain?

that doesn't sound like treat food to me.... I'm thinkin more along the lines of some dark chocolate covered raisins lol

Dark chocolate anything is treatfood to me!
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Fruit & sugar free jelly, if I feel like cooking/baking I go on www.skinnytaste.com/ into dessert section, everything I made so far was delicious.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is sort of weird but I freeze my light strawberry yogurt for a healthy yogurt treat that's like ice cream!

brb putting all my yogurts in the freezer
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've been making protein "milkshakes" - they satisfy any sweets/ice cream cravings, and a huge one is under 300 calories with 33g of protein.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I love the Smart Ones deserts or Greek Yogurt.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Marshmallow cake
  • khuckaby1
    khuckaby1 Posts: 69
    Options
    bump
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I make some protein bars from scratch that pretty much taste like brownies, minus the fat, sugar and calories! They feel like a chocolate indulgence!

What is your recipe? I have been experimenting with making my own protein bars, but none of them have come out very well.
    My healthy treat right now is fresh strawberries. I can't get enough!
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    strawberries and light whipped cream....
    Or Banana, dipped in dark chocolate, rolled in peanuts,(room temp or frozen)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    milk and strawberries!!!!!!!!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate :)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Falafel chips and hummus. How can it be so healthful when it tastes like CHIPS N DIP. Mmm.

I love the banana "ice creams". I also love homemade frozen yogurt- most commercial brands are too sweet and I get to control my ingredients.

I love the kinds where you roll the dates and the nuts and flax and all the healthy superfoods into the ball and it just tastes like a tasty tasty tastything.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • YogaLife4me
    YogaLife4me Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :smile: Bump!
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1) Fage Greek style yogurt w the little dipping cup of fruit attached. I like to take a little scoop of the yogurt, and dip it in the fruit (rather than mixing the fruit in). It tastes like cheesecake! It helps me reach my protein goals every day.

2) 1 square of Lindt Dark Chocolate w Chili. INCREDIBLE! You get that nice bittersweet chocolate taste w just a little bit of heat at the end. Yum!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! I add my own fruit to control the sugar.

I also like to bake and I'm working on coming up with healthier versions of my favorites.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with dark chocolate with dried fruit and nuts inside. Probably not the healthiest but it's so good! :love:
  • emilywagers13
    Options
    Look up "skinny oreo cheesecake" on either hungrygirl.com or eatyourselfskinny.com (same recipe)....I made it last night and it is DELICIOUS! And only 184 calories!