Fiber...help!

Options
I'm really trying to get in 25g of fiber. However, I'm having a very difficult time. I'm trying to eat veggies and whole grains, but it's so hard to find foods high in fiber. to make it worse, I'm also watching calories, fat, carbs and protein. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a bootcamp and we are suppose to eat at least 25g of fiber a day, and 125g of protein. my calorie budget is 1200-1350 daily, so i understand having a hard time figuring things out. I've found an easy way is to add kellogg's all-bran buds to my greek yogurt for breakfast. 1/3 cup is only 80 calories and you get 11 grams of fiber with them. They add a nice crunch to the yogurt. Hope this helps.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary! I tend to be way over in fiber.
  • JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Veggies are a great way to get a lot of fiber without spending too many calories - sautee them, toss them in a salad, etc. Beans are another good idea - they're a great source of protein and fiber, and if you make them from dry, they are low in sodium and fat. There are also some pretty tasty fiber bars out there - Fiber One and Special K make some tasty bars with about 9g fiber for around 120-140 calories.