some advice please!!!!!!!!!!

Options
hello everyone!
Joelle here!
I need help and advice, because there might be something wrong with what I'm doing without knowing it.
If anyone has lost a big amount of pound in just few weeks, please tell me your secret, because no matter how much I try or how hard I try, I don't see any changes.
it's been weeks now that i use MFP, but I haven't seen any changes howsoever.
I manage to stay below my calories goal I do some exercises (not a lot because I do a lot of housework).
I don't put sugar in anything.
I eat cereal with fruits so I don't need to put sugar.
But still I see people loosing more than 5 pounds in just 3weeks, some even more than that!

Please, if you have any advice I will be soooo happyyy and thankful!

thank you :)

Replies

• jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo
    you probably should put this in help in the general weight loss help section. This is for technical help so you might not get very many looking at your question.
    Opening your diary would help us give you better advice as well.
    Don't stay below your calorie goal, try to reach it and eat at least some of your exercise calories.
    don't overestimate exercise calories and don't underestimate your food calories.
    weigh your food so you know you are getting it right.
    Drink lots of water.
    Hang in there and keep reading the forums, there is plenty of good advice there.
    Good luck.
  • mardi252
    mardi252 Posts: 1
    Options
    Do not put your workout time in you fitness pal it gives you more calories you can eat. Just sitck to food logging and watch calories. I found I eat more protein than carbohydrates now, before I was a carb junkie, but because of health issues with my kidney I need to stay with some carbs so I make mind 1200 cal and make sure I dont go over on carbs and sodium which causes bloating. And i may go over a little on protein. The best thing I found was a spinach shake looks awful but taste great and replaces breakfast . 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder 1 banana, 3 cups fresh spinach , 1 teaspoon peanut butter and 3/4 cup of silk almond milk and blend with ice makes 2-3 glasses and you can freeze it and reblend it the next time you want some. Also if I have a craving I just take a tablespoon of peanut butter and eat it helps hold me over until my next meal or morning.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You want to make sure you are eating at least your BMR. If you go too low in calories for too long you will stop losing. You can eat and lose weight!

What are you eating in a day? What do you have your weight loss goal set to per week? It may be too large... a good option for you is to aim for 1lb per week. How much are you working out? Are you keeping sodium down and water up? Are you measuring foods (kitchen scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons)? Are you eating your exercise calories? If you are, are you calculating them right? Are you putting in the proper nutritional information for your foods (there are a lot of entries from foods in different areas/countries which can be wrong for the item you are actually eating - always use the nutritional information on the packages you have)? Are you watching portion sizes (for example, a small 500ml carton of milk is actually two servings)?

The larger you are the faster you lose. By your ticker you only have 20lbs to lose... you won't lose quickly (at least not in a healthy way) because you don't have a ton to lose. Dont' compare yourself to anyone else here. Everyone loses differently! What works for me, and others here may not work for you. Some people here don't do weight loss the proper way and may lose quicker than you because of that.
  • Joe_2012
    Joe_2012 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi Jo
    you probably should put this in help in the general weight loss help section. This is for technical help so you might not get very many looking at your question.
    Opening your diary would help us give you better advice as well.
    Don't stay below your calorie goal, try to reach it and eat at least some of your exercise calories.
    don't overestimate exercise calories and don't underestimate your food calories.
    weigh your food so you know you are getting it right.
    Drink lots of water.
    Hang in there and keep reading the forums, there is plenty of good advice there.
    Good luck.

I noticed I was writing on the technical help after I posted.
  • Joe_2012
    Joe_2012 Posts: 36
    Options
    You want to make sure you are eating at least your BMR. If you go too low in calories for too long you will stop losing. You can eat and lose weight!

What are you eating in a day? What do you have your weight loss goal set to per week? It may be too large... a good option for you is to aim for 1lb per week. How much are you working out? Are you keeping sodium down and water up? Are you measuring foods (kitchen scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons)? Are you eating your exercise calories? If you are, are you calculating them right? Are you putting in the proper nutritional information for your foods (there are a lot of entries from foods in different areas/countries which can be wrong for the item you are actually eating - always use the nutritional information on the packages you have)? Are you watching portion sizes (for example, a small 500ml carton of milk is actually two servings)

The larger you are the faster you lose. By your ticker you only have 20lbs to lose... you won't lose quickly (at least not in a healthy way) because you don't have a ton to lose. Dont' compare yourself to anyone else here. Everyone loses differently! What works for me, and others here may not work for you. Some people here don't do weight loss the proper way and may lose quicker than you because of that.

foods I eat are more African foods, and there are not so many here on MFP.
    and it's not like I'm in charge of t buying the groceries and I can't force others to eat what I have to eat.
    But I try to find similar foods here, and sometimes they work!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

What are you eating in a day? What do you have your weight loss goal set to per week? It may be too large... a good option for you is to aim for 1lb per week. How much are you working out? Are you keeping sodium down and water up? Are you measuring foods (kitchen scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons)? Are you eating your exercise calories? If you are, are you calculating them right? Are you putting in the proper nutritional information for your foods (there are a lot of entries from foods in different areas/countries which can be wrong for the item you are actually eating - always use the nutritional information on the packages you have)? Are you watching portion sizes (for example, a small 500ml carton of milk is actually two servings)

foods I eat are more African foods, and there are not so many here on MFP.
    and it's not like I'm in charge of t buying the groceries and I can't force others to eat what I have to eat.
    But I try to find similar foods here, and sometimes they work!

Are the foods homecooked or store-bought? If home-cooked, it may be excessively difficult to estimate calories -- looking for similar things may be way off.