bump for laterz
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just figured it out and now I'm wondering.. Could I use this as a defense to get early retirement?? :sad:
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so forthcoming. I appreciate it. I was very frustrated to hear I was wrong again, but if it's a case of about 50 cals best or worst case, then I can handle that kind of inaccuracy. I DO understand that there are people who are very interested in being as exact as possible, and that's important for them. For me, I can give or take a couple hundred calories per day. I base my calorie intake on my BMR and TDEE and I also breast feed a 1 year old. 50-100 calories discrepancy in my HRM might not be great, but it's definately not worth doing an obscene amount of math for it, especially when my BF habits with my son can compensate for that at any point!

Very true, MHR is bigger deal, VO2max after that, down the list is BMR estimate. Guess I should have put in other order.

I was hoping the MHR and VO2max tests would be of just as much interest in general, this was just the easy change.

Perhaps the other will come later for many.
  • heybales
    Options
    No... my normal *resting* heart rate is around 80-95bpm.
    With the wt set previously at 244-250... and walking the same route my HR was usually about avg123-max145bpm.
    So, with a lighter wt that was entered(170) and the same walk and BPM... it says I burned more.
    Because before...with the same type of exercise the HRM and BMF would have matched. This time the HRM was higher... by almost 18 cals.

So, what have I done wrong? Should I change the age instead of wt?
    Because my results and what you are saying is not matching up.

Ahhh, RHR is 80-95.

Ya, impossible that it would report more calories at less weight. That's why the best method is age. But weight still goes only 1 direction if it is less, so I bet something else got changed.

Is this a Polar? Didn't change age?
  • heybales
    Options
    I just figured it out and now I'm wondering.. Could I use this as a defense to get early retirement?? :sad:

When my chiro years ago said I had the back of a 60 yr old, I asked the same thing, senior cofffee at McD's, and retirement.
  • niota56
    niota56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • abcdever
    abcdever Posts: 24
    Options
    Okay, obviously a very STUPID question but I'm new to MFP so I have to ask. What does it mean to "bump" and how do you do it?
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    bump
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisalis626
    Options
    <3 my Polar. Bumping for later!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Bumpity.
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I got a Polar FT60 in Jan and my calorie burn is sooo low , and my weight loss has slowed and had me wondering what is wrong with it or me... I'm busting *kitten* working out - and still nothing.
    I m going to give your post a try in setting this HRM better!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Needing to check this out later after work. Thanks!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump:ohwell: guess i'll figure this one out later
  • Fitnthin101
    Fitnthin101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bumping for Later
  • Phestr
    Phestr Posts: 37
    Options
    Saving for later