Body By Vi

Options

Replies

• paperbagprincess
    Options
    I think the conclusion is feel free to try it, just don't expect it to be something that will last. It sounds like the 'better' shake to buy these days... but do you really wanna lose ur weight with a shake? Sometimes we want whatever works but dont realize that a 'diet' should be a 24/7 thing not just a current 'fix' at the moment. I dunno about you, but I wouldnt wanna be eating shakes the rest of my life. However it could be a great motivator to show you that you CAN lose the pounds. Just keep in mind what everyone here is saying :)

Good luck! :D
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yep. My saying about foods is, If it doesn't have a mother or didn't come from the ground, DON'T EAT IT.
  • dustycotton
    dustycotton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of the BBV shakes. I'm a post gastric bypass patient and I have to drink at least one protein shake per day anyway because I cannot break down the protein I eat into protein my body can use. Not getting enough protein is my biggest issue. For those that like to drink protein shakes/smoothies, this is a great tasting one. Not gritty or chalky and no aftertaste. BTW, I do not sell the product, but am simply a customer who has found a protein shake mix I like, since I have to drink one everyday anyway.

My breakfast shake is: 8 oz almond milk (unsweetened), 2 scoops BBV mix, 1/4 c. cooked steel-cut oatmeal, 3 oz plain greek yogurt, 1/2 c. frozen fruit, 1 handful baby spinach. Total about 300 Cal, 6g fat, 27g protein. I feel that it's a healthy breakfast and better than nothing at all, and it keeps me satisfied for several hours.

I still eat regular healthy food for my AM/PM snacks and my lunch and dinner so I am not "living" on shakes alone.
  • shrinkingsami
    shrinkingsami Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    started today!! here is to a great 90 days. I'm also a runner!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    starting tomorrow!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of any of the shake "replacement meal" plans. Are you going to drink a shake (or two) for the rest of your life? I would rather make permanent dietary changes rather than a "quick" weight loss where the weight will no doubt be gained back.

This ^^^

My FIL sells the stuff so I tried it (he gave me some free). I like the taste, I use it occasionally for breakfast if I don't have time to make something or am out of groceries. But I would starve to death if I did two a day for meal replacements. I drank one this am and am already eating a protein bar because I'm hungry. Nothing replaces learning to eat healthy, healthy proportions, and exercise IMO.
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yep. My saying about foods is, If it doesn't have a mother or didn't come from the ground, DON'T EAT IT.

Lol I love this! :) so so true!
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    When i was in high school I did it and it really worked well, I just wish I had stuck with it
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    This is something that is becoming popular in my area. I am not at all normally for these kinds of diets but I watched a video and it seems interesting...any feedback out there would be appreciated. It's basically 2 shakes a day and a meal, this goes on for 90 days.

I bought it and tried it. Lasted about a week and I got bored with it. It does taste good but got bored. I have been on Herbalife now for 4 weeks and I've lost 10lbs and 11 body inches so far. It comes in lots of flavors and I'm loving it. I have my Herbalife tea and shake for breakfast and lunch till I get to my goal all while having a personal coach and learning how to eat after Herbalife. Once I get to my goal I plan on maintaining with one shake a day.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have no particular problem with shakes (I usually make one per day with whey protein powder at home, not as a meal replacement but rather as a treat and a way to get in extra protein - my powder has twice the protein of BBV and only costs $17-$20 for 25 servings so much more affordable) - I just get annoyed with the aggressive marketing. The '90 day challenge' conveniently makes you a customer for 3 months of a product you've never tried before and that is not cheap. And it ends up making some people think the shakes magically made them lose weight, but there's nothing magical about the shakes other than the fact that you're consuming less calories if you replace a 'normal' meal with it. And the whole 'you'd have to eat 10,000 calories worth of foods to get these vitamins!' thing is bunk - just b/c the foods they chose to represent the vitamins in the shake add up to 10,000 calories does not mean that's the only or most efficient way to get in those same nutrients. Plus if you need to supplement your diet with more vitamins you could just as easily (and more affordably) either get more variety in the foods you are eating or get a multi-vitamin at the store. Sellers sell aggressively b/c they want to get their shakes for free, they are making money, and they want to earn that BMW. Yes they work well for a lot of people (and that's just fine if you feel the convenience is worth the money for you personally) but that's not the only way to lose weight and the marketing bothers me. I'm not knocking anyone that likes it or feels it works well for them, all of us find various tips and tricks that help us out along the way, I just don't like when it is portrayed as the 'magic pill' b/c its the calorie deficit making you lose weight, and there are lots and lots of ways to plan a calorie deficit into your day, whether you want to use shakes or not.
  • ksullins07
    ksullins07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did Herbalife 2 years ago for a month and didn't lose a thing. I just started BBV today after trying a shake and I love it. Yeah so Herbalife comes in different flavors? Big deal. You can create any flavor under the sun with BBV with just one shake. When you buy a flavor of Herbalife.. you're bound to that flavor unlessyou have a whole cabinet full of the different flavors...which I didn't because of how much it cost. I only bought the chocolate and added a tablespoon of peanut butter. Twice a day. NO SUCCESS. So I'd rather have ONE bag of BBV in ONE flavor and do whatever I want to it every single day to change the flavor. Makes more sense to me.. and there is no way to get bored!!!! :)

BTW the 90 day challenge is for people who want to try to win prizes.. you aren't BOUND to it for 90 days.. I'm personally not going to do it for 90 days because I feel I will lose what I want to lose in 60. You can cancel anytime.

All i'm saying here is ... don't knock it till you've had success with it!!! I was the same way.. no no I don't want to spend that money unless I KNOW its going to work. My FB page has tons of people all ages, shapes and sizes who are ALL having results on this..so there has to something in here that works. I've been using MFP and eating 1200 calories or less a day for weeks now and I'm just at a standstill so I'm using this to jumpstart me!!! I'm a believer in changing it up!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I agree that there is no substitute for whole healthy food. I am a food addict. I am using it just to get structure for a period of time. I'm not impressed with the 90 day challenge and the big prizes. I ordered Body By Vi because I liked the ingredients, low sugar, high protein and a friend started using it. It could have just have easily been EAS shakes.

I don't believe in a MAGIC solution, I realize it is calories in and calories out, but I was so far out of control, I wanted to practice a little....uh....let's say abstinance if you will (Abstinance from being out of control) and then I will start exchanging a shake to replace it with a 300 calorie meal.

Wish me luck, but I tend to agree with a lot of the posters....whole foods are likely better for me...and I do not like the high pressure sales. In fact, when I was researching the product, I found more information on the sales platform than I did the menu recommendation...hahaha
  • torobulls
    torobulls Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    #1~ One 28oz/ 1 lb bag = $50 *Pros: tastes good, easy to make *Cons: Expensive, not filling, too low calories/protien, makes you gassy/bloated, needs to be blended or it is chunky

#2~ two scoops (recomended serving size) = 90 calories and 12g of protien
    *Go type it into the search engine and add in your milk fruit ect... It comes in under 200 calories so if you have two a day that is 400 calories. ( The vi program supplements the calories with very expensive terrible tasting cookies) I am 5'2" and my recomended coloric intake is 1200 with no exercise so you would have to really be making sure to get the rest of your calories in order to keep your metabolism burning.

I would be looking for a meal replacement protien powder with AT LEAST 300 cal/ serving and there are way better options for higher protien
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been using it since January and have had pretty good success.

UPSIDE
    The shakes taste great
    They are packed with a ton of nutrients.
    They are easy to carry with you, so your never caught without a meal.
    Results are pretty impressive.

DOWNSIDE
    Expensive
    Constipating
    If you are doing an exercise regime, you need more than the shakes and one meal.
    I forgot to mention, they have to be blended. I keep an electric hand mixer in my lunch bag. ( I have the biggest lunch bag at work...lol) I can't do chunky shakes and BBV shakes do not mix without a blender.

I add a scoop of whey protein (EAS chocolate) to mine bringing me to a whopping 32g of protein per serving.
    I have manipulated the program a bit, mixing healthy high protein snacks with the shakes and the results are much better. I eat on average every 2 hrs. I also eat back my exercise calories (just started doing this)
    I love the shakes to start my day and after my workout.

OVERALL
    I like them, I use them, but I would never use them alone with only one meal supplement a day.

Good luck!
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been using it since January and have had pretty good success.

UPSIDE
    The shakes taste great
    They are packed with a ton of nutrients.
    They are easy to carry with you, so your never caught without a meal.
    Results are pretty impressive.

DOWNSIDE
    Expensive
    Constipating
    If you are doing an exercise regime, you need more than the shakes and one meal.

I add a scoop of whey protein (EAS chocolate) to mine bringing me to a whopping 32g of protein per serving.
    I have manipulated the program a bit, mixing healthy high protein snacks with the shakes and the results are much better. I eat on average every 2 hrs. I also eat back my exercise calories (just started doing this)
    I love the shakes to start my day and after my workout.

OVERALL
    I like them, I use them, but I would never use them alone with only one meal supplement a day.

Good luck!

I forgot to mention, they have to be blended. I keep an electric hand mixer in my lunch bag. ( I have the biggest lunch bag at work...lol) I can't do chunky shakes and BBV shakes do not mix without a blender.
  • Night_hawker5000
    Options
    Its very expensive unless you throw parties and get people under you...its very much like a pyramid.....the more people who sign up under you and so on you start to make money.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    There's always a "golden ticket" out there and this, too, shall fade away.

Eat real food. Exercise. Be sensible. You don't need shakes and easy-fixes and gymics to live healthy and lose weight.

And yes, the pyramid scheme ALWAYS makes me skeptical.

Not for me.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    A shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a sensible dinner.........thought that was slim fast.....ooh well where would we be without re hashing the same ideas.......

That said I think it's ironic that BBV doesn't sell the one thing they are all actually drinking....the Kool-Aid
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have no particular problem with shakes (I usually make one per day with whey protein powder at home, not as a meal replacement but rather as a treat and a way to get in extra protein - my powder has twice the protein of BBV and only costs $17-$20 for 25 servings so much more affordable) - I just get annoyed with the aggressive marketing. The '90 day challenge' conveniently makes you a customer for 3 months of a product you've never tried before and that is not cheap. And it ends up making some people think the shakes magically made them lose weight, but there's nothing magical about the shakes other than the fact that you're consuming less calories if you replace a 'normal' meal with it. And the whole 'you'd have to eat 10,000 calories worth of foods to get these vitamins!' thing is bunk - just b/c the foods they chose to represent the vitamins in the shake add up to 10,000 calories does not mean that's the only or most efficient way to get in those same nutrients. Plus if you need to supplement your diet with more vitamins you could just as easily (and more affordably) either get more variety in the foods you are eating or get a multi-vitamin at the store. Sellers sell aggressively b/c they want to get their shakes for free, they are making money, and they want to earn that BMW. Yes they work well for a lot of people (and that's just fine if you feel the convenience is worth the money for you personally) but that's not the only way to lose weight and the marketing bothers me. I'm not knocking anyone that likes it or feels it works well for them, all of us find various tips and tricks that help us out along the way, I just don't like when it is portrayed as the 'magic pill' b/c its the calorie deficit making you lose weight, and there are lots and lots of ways to plan a calorie deficit into your day, whether you want to use shakes or not.

Well put, and I couldn't agree more. Super aggressive marketing techniques are a big red flag for me. Seems like the company is more about money than actually trying to create long term sustainable change for people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!