Hunger Games

Options
jen88ve
jen88ve Posts: 153
I saw The Hunger Games this weekend, just wondering what people thought after they saw it. I thought it was good, but I thought it was going to be better (based on all the talk about it) so I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't like OMG this is amazing... does that make sense??? HAHAHA

Oh and did you read the book too? I thought it follow the book pretty good, but left some good information out that would have been useful to people...

Replies

• Noname225555
    Noname225555 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Book was better for sure I thought.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen the movie, but the book was amazing.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I saw the film on Friday, havent read the book yet... I am hoping they left lots of info out of the film otherwise it makes no sense! Film was good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be based on how people had raved about it.

Worth a watch I thought, quite predictable, but then I dont think that it was meant to have "suprises" in it. Made me want to read the book though, so I'm borrowing it from a friend.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Loved the books- will be seeing the movie this weekend. I think the need to keep a PG-13 rating may have something to with the movie not being as good as the books but to be honest I have never seen a movie that is as good as the book.

I was also wondering if anyone else felt that Kat was not the herione that everyone is making her out to be. It seemed to me that all her decisioins were reactive and not proactive. She didn't really think about what she did but acted on impulse and accidentally ended up in the situations she got into. I just keep hearing everyone say how much of a heroine she was/is and I didn't get that out of the books. I felt that she did what she had to do and was more of a pawn of both sides.