Diabetes Insipidus?

Options
I'm am awaiting the results of my tests to comfirm the diagnosis, so I wanted to do some research on my own and find anyone that my have this condition. Is there anyone that has experience with this?

So far what I know, It has nothing to do with blood sugar, it has to do with my ADH levels or kidneys. The test will help reveil where the problem lay, but due to my reconstruction surgery, I can not get the MRI.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Are you thirsty all the time, and unable to produce saliva? My BF thought he had it from a number of years, due to a nasty bump on the head. He literally drank 3 GALLONS a day of water, and was always thirsty. It just went away on it's own one day. Odd condition.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink about 2 gallons of water a day and I'm still thirsty. I always have dry lips, but I sweat like crazy when I work out. Lots of salt in my sweat.
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    The daughter of a close friend of mine has this condition. It can be controlled by medication. It took awhile for her diagnosis but she had similar symptoms: extreme thirst, dry lips, headaches, cannot quench thirst. She would get up throughout the night just to drink. They had to measure her urine outputs until the medication was regulated.

Best of luck.