Over ComingSkinny Fat with Pics

Options
Last September, after months of being unhappy with how my body looked and *****ing and moaning about it, I got back on MFP and started getting myself in shape. But, I did what most women do, I cut calories and kicked cardio into over drive. I weighed around 122 lbs and didn't look it at all. I got myself all the way down to 114 lbs and still looked pudgy. Then I saw the light. Lifting is where it's at. I workout from home (how I wish I could lift really big at a gym) lifting 3 days a week and using what I have. The other days I did some sort of family activity like riding bikes, play basketball...something active. And I did one day of rest. All I can say is that I've been lifting for the past 5 weeks and have seen more results in those past weeks than the 5 months before it.

These are my measurements between February 19th and April 1st:

High Waist - 26 to 27
Waist - 30.5 to 31
Hips - 36.5 to 37
Right Thigh - 19 to 21
Left Thigh - 19 - 20.5
Right Arm - 10.25 to 10.5
Left Arm - 10.25 to 10.5
Weight - 116 to 117

That's right, my size is bigger, but my weight is only up a pound. Today I'm wearing a pair of jeans (size 8) that I couldn't hardly button last year...only now, they are loose with so much room to spare. No more undoing that button when I eat. I have upped my calories to 1800 and I eat back my workout calories. AND I EAT!!! No, I don't eat all the candy I ate before, or the junk, or the sodium. And yes, I need to clean it up here and there...but for the most part, I EAT! Pizza once a week. Dessert almost every night. Pasta! I EAT!!!

Below are my before lifting and during pics. The ones in the sports bra were taken Jan 7th toward the end of my cardio crap. The ones in my bra were taken yesterday. The pic of me from the side in my undies was taken at the very beginning and the one under was yesterday. Yes, I have just started my weight lifting. Yes, I have a ways to go. And YES, I plan to do more. I'm on my rest week right now, but I start New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW) this weekend and I have the next 6 months planned out. By the end of this program I will turn 40 and I plan to have a body that denies my age. My gift to myself is saying good-bye to Skinny Fat for the 1st time in my life.

5c-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Stay tuned...I ain't done yet, I'm just getting started!

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    YOU GO!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! you look fantastic!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!

And love the ink!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You are awesome~
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Your hard work is showing!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That's right, my size is bigger, but my weight is only up a pound. Today I'm wearing a pair of jeans (size 8) that I couldn't hardly button last year...only now, they are loose with so much room to spare. No more undoing that button when I eat.

You got bigger but your pants got looser? How is that possible? I could see if you got heavier but not bigger, but more inches in the pants would make them tighter. Inches are inches.
  • effiere23
    effiere23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good job ! ( Awesome tattoos ! :O love it !)
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look incredible!
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    Nice job! Please elaborate on what you do at home for lifting. My schedule is too tight right now for a gym membership. I use kettlebell right now at home (one 30 lb...LOL), but wonder what other peeps do at home for lifting. Thanks for sharing!!
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    I don't believe you are going 40
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    looking fantastic already!!!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What is new rules for women lifting? I have been lifting with my husband for a while now and I like it but I'm not seeing muscle building and I'm having a hard time increasing my weights. I wonder if I need to do something different.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Great job! You look fabulous! This is kind of where I'm at right now. I just want to be lean/defined...no flub but I'm pretty much at the weight my body wants to be at. It feels like it's gotten harder and harder to see results. This is inspiring to me. Thank you.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Last September, after months of being unhappy with how my body looked and *****ing and moaning about it, I got back on MFP and started getting myself in shape. But, I did what most women do, I cut calories and kicked cardio into over drive. I weighed around 122 lbs and didn't look it at all. I got myself all the way down to 114 lbs and still looked pudgy. Then I saw the light. Lifting is where it's at. I workout from home (how I wish I could lift really big at a gym) lifting 3 days a week and using what I have. The other days I did some sort of family activity like riding bikes, play basketball...something active. And I did one day of rest. All I can say is that I've been lifting for the past 5 weeks and have seen more results in those past weeks than the 5 months before it.

You said you don't go to a gym. Are you lifting weights or are using your own body weight?
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And I love your hair and tattoos. Keep it up, girl!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Stay tuned...I ain't done yet, I'm just getting started!

LOVE IT!! Looking great! I'm a strong believer in weight lifting for women. Hope you enjoy NROLFW - I started it, hope to get back into it when time allows. It's an awesome program!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Since you just worked at home, can you share what you did? I don't have access to a gym, either, but would like to do strength training at home
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    You look fab! Well done, I am also turning 40 this summer and would love to look that great! Keep up the schedule!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!