Insanity

Options
So I've decided to start insanity today & I just wanted to ask for you guys opinions on it. Was it what you expected , did you lose weight or just tone up or both.. & anything else you would like to add.. Pictures would be great too :) also how long did you use it.. I'm excited to be starting it !! Thanks in advance for the inputs , have a good one !

Replies

• krewela
    krewela Posts: 20
    Options
    I'd like to know as well, since I'm considering doing it. Let me know what happens! =)
  • kimmay
    kimmay Posts: 26
    Options
    When I did insanity last year, I lost 40+lbs. Because of my body type I did not really 'tone up', but my husband did. It is an AMAZING workout. After just a week you can feel an increase in your strength and endurance. Definitely worth every drop of sweat ;D
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity with my husband yesterday too! Today we have the plyo circuit workout. Def looking foward to it. I gotta find my HRM to know how much I burn. But if I had to use one of the items on the database which one would be better to use?
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity a few times and had outstanding results! It is everything that it is advertised to be. I got a cute little 6 pack from it and my body got a lot of cut and definition. I did P90X before it but only lost inches. With Insanity the fat just came off like hot candle wax! It is an awesome workout program. I still incorporate it in my routine to this day!! Because of my results I am also featured in the latest infomercial :)
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity a few times and had outstanding results! It is everything that it is advertised to be. I got a cute little 6 pack from it and my body got a lot of cut and definition. I did P90X before it but only lost inches. With Insanity the fat just came off like hot candle wax! It is an awesome workout program. I still incorporate it in my routine to this day!! Because of my results I am also featured in the latest infomercial :)
    That is so awesome its the infomercial out already or will I have to just pay better attention lol
  • dan_willey
    Options
    I have had the Insanity DVDs almost a year now, and am restarting it tonight. First time around I wasn't as focused about losing weight as I am now, definitely looking forward to it and hoping to lose weight at a faster pace!
  • erinsnyder357
    Options
    Does anyone know how to determine cal burn by workout (I know weight is a factor) without a hrm? I have been using circuit training in mfp but feel insanity might be harder than a typical circuit training. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
  • amerie711
    amerie711 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and just finished month one of insanity. I love insanity. It's addicting! I lost 15 lbs. I've heard that month 2 is when the real transformation happens. I'm hoping to lose about 20 in month 2... Fingers crossed :)
  • Luvin_m_e
    Options
    I just started insanity this week any tips?
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I'm finishing round 3 this month. My arms are cut but my belly http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/554658-pics-big-belly-after-insanity-and-turbofire-sob
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    started insnaity week 2 this week and loving it already, the sweat pours off me at the end but i like how hard it pushes me- 4lb down in 2 weeks and looking forward to the 2nd month when it really steps up. Would like to share progress, be interesting to see how it works for everyone.
  • Katelyn81
    Options
    I just completed day 2 today and I am loving it despite the pain I am currently in. I have a hard time with some of the exercises and deffinitly cannot keep up with the peed right now but hope to be able to do them soon. Or now I am just trying my bet. I hope I m still benefitting fom the workouts.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Max or Cardio recovery today so you get to take it easy(ish) :laugh:
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 2 today and I am loving it despite the pain I am currently in. I have a hard time with some of the exercises and deffinitly cannot keep up with the peed right now but hope to be able to do them soon. Or now I am just trying my bet. I hope I m still benefitting fom the workouts.
    If your in pain it's def. working! Keep up the good work and you'll get there!
  • jnofsker
    jnofsker Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to scoff at Insanity back when I was able to lift weights. Due to an injury I am unable to lift weights anymore. A friend of mine talked about Insanity and his excitement while describing the workouts led me to trying it. These are some of the most gratifying workouts I have EVER done. I always feel like I accomplished something major every single workout. I take back everything I used to say about Insanity. It is amazing.

I wish you the best of luck with it. Drink lots of water!

Jason
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    i'm almost finished week 8...i've lost 27lbs during that time...it's hard..very hard but not impossible lol...the weight melts off fast...its great that you've started..you will get awesome results from that workout and feel so much better then you can imagine
  • Netta21
    Netta21 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started Insanity on Monday, oh boy the fit test was no joke but I got through it. I am now on day 4 and I feel great. This is coming from a person who is way outta shape :). I like it thus far. Keep up the good work you guys!
  • Netta21
    Netta21 Posts: 4
    Options
    "very hard but not impossible" that is a very true statement
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I did insanity last year to help with my racing. I did tone up alot, and I thought I was already fit. More importantly, I shed 3 minutes and 48 seconds off my State Hill climb totals. Really help me build power for the racing. I will be doing this again right before the hill climbs start.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome its the infomercial out already or will I have to just pay better attention lol

It's the one that came out around February of this year :)