Nike+GPS Iphone App or??

Options
I've been using the Nike+GPS app on my iphone to track my distance, but I've found it's way off. I did two runs last week that were similar, but one was clearly about a half mile more, in which it said it was a half mile shorter than the other...

Not helpful at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions on Running GPS iphone apps that actually work well?

Thanks.

Replies

• acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I use endomodo. It's a free app on the iPhone (and probably other platforms also).
    I have found it to be very accurate to the extent that when you zoom in to the map of your run you can actually see where you have crossed the street.

No extra bits or sensors required either.. Which is possibly the reason your runs we're different. Stride length can change from one run to the next based on route, energy level etc etc. this can affect the distance recorded on Nike + (I think)

Ian
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm having good luck with Nike+GPS. I was using run keeper and map my run, but they were way off. Run Keeper told me my standard 3.2 mile run was 5.67 and that I was running a 6:15 pace. In my dreams!