Running w/Vibrams - Durability?

Options
For my running mates out there with Vibrams, or Vibram lovers in general, how would you rate the durability of yours with all the activities you do?

I just bought my KomodoSports, and have taken them out on the roads, and love them. I usually do trails or dirt roads, with about 40% of my runs being on pavement, so I don't do heavy road running in general. I also want to take them on hikes, and other outdoorsey things. Anyone have any input on how they would rate how well their shoes hold up over time? Like how often you buy new ones, how they appear to wear out, things like that.

Thanks!

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I currently have around 1400 miles on my Bikilas, mostly run on asphalt. I have used shoe goo on the bottom a few times to extend the life.
  • holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have KSOs and had them for about a year. There for awhile I just wore them around doing whatever, nothing specific for the shoes tho. Yesterday tho was my first hike in them. The hike was 2 1/2 hrs long and we went over gravel, dirt, rocks, and open meadows. They were great over everything. The only time I had a problem was over the large gravel but other than that I cant complain.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!

I was just thinking about it today when I went out how I really have no idea what to expect in terms of mileage of wear from them, since I've never owned a pair before. I can usually guess how many miles can go on an average pair of running shoes, but I had no frame of reference for these, so I figured I'd ask.