What a nice boost!

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
A few months ago at the gym, a woman I'd never seen before came up to me and commented on how good I looked and how much weight I'd lost (about 22 lbs at the time). It just made my day that a perfect stranger noticed my hard work!

Today, while I was sweating my *kitten* off on the treadmill at the gym and feeling like I had hit a plateau in my success (I'd actually gained like 2 lbs back), she came up to me again! She doesn't speak much English, but she said again how good I looked and asked me what I do to lose weight! I pointed to my sweating face and treadmill and laughed and said "This!"

I just thought it was so nice that a stranger took the time not only to notice, but to pay a compliment. It really touched me.

Have any of you ever given a compliment to someone at the gym?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    That is a great boost in motivation. What a wonderful thing to have happen.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I think that would be such a huge motivator! I remember years ago I lost like 15 pounds (I was much smaller then) and friends of our families and my friends would compliment how good i looked and it made me feel amazing and want to work out even more! I don't have a gym membership right now, but It's still a great remember to compliment people for their successes and improvements!
  • pinkyjane48
    pinkyjane48 Posts: 81
    Options
    oh thats awesome!! how great of her to actually say it- I think that about people all the time when I go, but I never go up to them to tell them- maybe I will now!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Tell them! It will make their day and make you feel good too!