General Lifting Programs

Options
Hello everyone,

I am looking to tone up pretty much my whole body, but would like to focus on arms, shoulders and chest. Does anyone have a weight lifting program they'd recommend? I do it on my own, but I like to have specific programs that I can use to track weights and check off when I complete the exercise.

Thanks

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    stronglifts.com(has a good app), modified starting strength, pretty much any strength training program that has you on a liner progression path.. your first objective when trying to "tone" up is to gain more strength then a teenage girl. with that comes your muscles.

stay strong

.. edit.. also train your whole body.. back, legs, chest , arms ( bicep triceps ) , shoulders..
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Currently I like this...

Triceps
    3x10 tricep pull downs (pulley)
    3x10 laydown tricupe pull ups (one dumb bell)

Biceps
    3x12 Hammer Curls (dumb bell)
    3x12 Reverse 45 degrees bicep curls (pulley)
    3.x10 reverse grip preacher curls (adding weight with each set)

Chest
    3x10 standing chest fly (pulley)
    3x10 chest press
    3x10 sitting traditional chest fly (machine)

All - 50 push ups on weight days
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/

"find-a-plan," you put in your info, pick who ya want to look like and they give you several plans to pick from. There is also a database that shows you how to do the exercise if you haven't done it before. LOVE it!

And if ya only want to do the upper body stuff it can give you some ideas...and if you are too sore from those days you could throw in some lower body stuff too! Hope this helps a little!
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey there-

I just read the new rules of lifting for women. I understand the same author has a great book out for men as well!!! I plan to start my new lifting program tomorrow now that I'm back from vacation! Good luck!