pounds vs. inches

Options
I lost 2 pounds last week (which took almost a month due to me not being diligent). I was at my new weight for three days straight so I finally felt comfortable recording it. Whenever I weigh in I also measure myself. I noticed that with this loss I havent lost any inches. To me, inches count more then pounds and is a better indicator of a loss. I've been working out more then usual so I'm not really sure why I havent lost inches. I do mostly cardio with maybe 25% strength. I dont think I lost in muscle either although I guess I cant be sure. If I didnt lose any inches then where did those two pounds come from?! Thoughts? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Two pounds could of come from anywhere. If the two pounds was fat loss and that was spend equally throughout your body you wouldn't notice a difference in inches right away.

Keep plugging away and you'll notice results.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    losing two pounds of fat over your entire body is not going to make a significant difference. unless you're doing a water displacement test to determine your exact volume, you're not going to notice a difference with two pounds.

eta: doing 75% cardio and only 25% strength, it is still a possibility you're losing muscle because you are in a caloric deficit and muscle builds best when you have a caloric surplus.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Water weight?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Like the others said, two pounds from all over your body won't reflect much in terms of inches. I measure my waist, chest, biceps, forearms, wrists, neck, hips, thighs, and calves once a month. Even then I don't always see losses because sometimes I'll lose fat from places I can't/don't measure like my hands or feet.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    makes sense! was just expecting to be some inches down because of my increased number of workouts a week. im used to seeing inches come off so it was just a little odd for me. hopefully it wasnt just water weight i've been trying really hard to lose these last pounds. thanks!