Does anybody else eat due to stress?

Options
13»

Replies

• Aire1987
    Aire1987 Posts: 1
    Options
    It´s the stress-eating that got me here. I find it so incredibly hard to stop eating while stressed. When I´m about to binge I get this pounding in my chest because my body knows what´s gonna happen next. Everything has to go down so fast too, it´s frightening to have that little control over myself just over something as basic as food.

When I´m being social I never have a problem with stress eating, but as soon as I am alone I can eat just about anything, and I will not stop until my mind is a complete mess, my tummy is aching and the adrenaline and endorphines are running through me like a drug.
    Sometimes it can spiral downward for days, but now I was actually in a good streak and I thought about that today.
    "Good job" I said to myself. Then I went straight home and had a binge.

Gah, Weightloss would be so much easier if I didn´t relate food to feelings. I envy people who view food solely as fuel for the body. I´m sure as hell gonna have enough fuel for my workout tomorrow.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options
    A lot of the weight I have to lose now is because of stress.

I wish I could do more of what people who DON'T stress eat do when they get stressed.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Up to a point I do. When I get too stressed, I stop eating. And sleeping.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I eat for stress... and sadness... and boredom... and happiness, excietment, confusion, sleepyness... when I'm angry, worried, unhappy, sick, scared...

What's hilarious is I'm more stressed out over how I'm eating (staying under cals, under fat, enough water, listening to ppl say i'm eating wrong, etc.) and exercising (not enough and I'm cheating out, too much and I'm a sweaty slob). In 2 weeks, I get to get stressed over my doctor nagging me about being fat.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Yes!!! Big time! My kids tend to do it to me....
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    if your her twin, then im your triplet lol
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat for stress... and sadness... and boredom... and happiness, excietment, confusion, sleepyness... when I'm angry, worried, unhappy, sick, scared...

An emotional eater at its finest, and the love handles will agree :drinker:

Ahh, you're my twin.

if your her twin, then im your triplet lol
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm totally a stress eater.

I love stress. But too much and I don't deal well. I haven't found a good outlet for it yet.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes I do as well. And I always feel guilty afterwards, which leads to more stress! :sad:
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Haha yup. I sure do. It's sad. :ohwell:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yup
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I do the exact opposite-no eating when stressed or depressed.
  • buggs1958
    buggs1958 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes especially now as we are getting ready for inventory at work,hate it! But im gonna be good and exercise to the wii tonight.Maybe i'll burn some of that stress off.
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ummm. ME!! That is how I gained a teenager hanging off my rear. But, learning to do other things now, like look at Pinterest, clean (UGH) or pet my dogs. Working for me. Good luck fighting that demon!:grumble:
  • raineraven78
    raineraven78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I either eat junk or not at all when I'm stressed. Either way I gain - weight - especially around the mid-section. Damn cortisol!
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    YES :/