Water and weak bladder....

Options
abnerner
abnerner Posts: 452 Member
Hi All.
Does anyone else struggle with getting all of their water in each day, not because they don't like it, but because they have a weak bladder?

I am 25 and have no kids, but have suffered from kidney stones and lots of bladder infections, resulting in a lot weaker of a bladder (I am not sure it those issues were the actual cause, but I sure did see a big difference after all of that happened lol).

I am not necessarily looking for an "answer", just wondering if I am alone or not.

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You are not alone except that I am 40 and have one kid. Example: Drank my 8oz of water before a meeting. Went to the bathroom just before the meeting. 45 minutes into it, I'm doing the pee pee dance in my chair.
  • sammybear521
    sammybear521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 24 and no kids. When getting all my water in all I do is pee. I am pretty sure its normal. I've just learned to know where the restrooms are where ever I go. :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem, but I don't anymore. I have historically had a weak bladder too (stupid womens' restrooms always having a line!)

This may not be universally true, but I did eventually accustom to drinking a lot of water and it's easier now for me to hold it :P
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Here is my take on this - I log everything I eat, even the little bites here and there. But if I go over my 1200 allowed calories, I do not overreact. I figure if I wasn't counting calories, I would probably eat more then 2000 without even knowing about it, so I would rather know that I went 200 or even 300 calories over my limit because it would still be less then I used to eat. That is why I love this plan, it gives you a freedom to decide what to eat and as long as you are reasonable you will still lose weight. Maybe just not as fast. This gives me the ability to stick with this plan and make it a way of life. If you start beating yourself up for every calory that you went over, you will soon quit and that is not what you want to do.
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    oops wrong post
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I drink 1.5-2 gallons (yes gallons) of water per day and I do go to the bathroom quite a bit. Here's the thing......there's no way around it. You need TONS of water and that water needs to go somehwere. I would bet I go probably 10-12 times per day, easy.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    As a woman...I totally understand. It's just part of the package! No pun intended! ;) So get some pads, i just wear a period pad daily for leakage JUST IN CASE. Now, it's not going ot hold your WHOLE bladder load, but it will catch the dribble.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I have two children and kidney disease so I have had issues for a long time. I do alright except for jumping jacks. I don't even try them. I just push the water and pay attention to where all the restrooms are.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i go to the loo about 20 times a day sometimes.. but i also drink enough water to support a baby elephant. o.0
  • YogaLife4me
    YogaLife4me Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and have had 2 kids and my bladder is VERY weak. (No more jumping on the trampoline for me). I drink 10-12 glasses of water a day, and I pee ALL the time! At least every 30 minutes. Sometimes I have to stop the treadmill halfway through my walk so I can go to the bathroom. I keep thinking this will decrease as my body gets used to the increased water, but it's been 6 weeks, and it's not letting up! I would say more, but I've got to go pee now......:wink:
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    i go to the loo about 20 times a day sometimes.. but i also drink enough water to support a baby elephant. o.0

im with this dude...WATER is my fuel...2 gallons a day!